We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plaza Espana (Fountain Square) tapas bar...

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,224 posts
255 reviews
Save Topic
Plaza Espana (Fountain Square) tapas bar...

When you walk into Plaza Espana (often referred to as Fountain Square by us Brits) from the west (Av. de Blas Infante) there is a tapas bar the first establishment you come to on the left hand side. Can anyone tell me the name of this place?

Thank you.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
16,921 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plaza Espana (Fountain Square) tapas bar...

As far as I can remember it is just Bar Espana. Also try Victoria Pizza in the far top corner. Very reasonable prices, basic menu, but very good food.

Edited: 08 July 2012, 21:47
Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
173 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plaza Espana (Fountain Square) tapas bar...

Mantalk is correct, its proper name is cafe-bar Plaza Espana, but just to confuse people, it's also known as Pedro & Loli's to a lot of expats, the names of the brother and sister who own it.

Bar El Torreon is also good for tapas, diagonally opposite the Blas Infante entrance.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,224 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plaza Espana (Fountain Square) tapas bar...

Appreciate the replies and the suggestions. I know Arroyo well and just needed to know the name of that establishment.

Thank you.

Barry, South Wales...
Level Contributor
14 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Plaza Espana (Fountain Square) tapas bar...

Bar El Torreon has increased its Tapas Menu is reasonably priced. The drinks are also very reasonable and you receive a small tapas with your drink. Family run bar with Vizzy, Angel and Rosa well worth a visit. Excellent atmosphere on the football semi and finals of the European cup games, they erected a bar and were cooking the tapas outside excellent.

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
2,697 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Plaza Espana (Fountain Square) tapas bar...

We called in El Torreon twice in May, as Espana bar was closed & Terrace bar packed...had beers & wines coffee & brandys on both visits, no free tapas offered to us?..

Prestonpans Scotland
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Plaza Espana (Fountain Square) tapas bar...

The Terrace is the name of the bar I think your looking for.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,224 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Plaza Espana (Fountain Square) tapas bar...

AtomAtom, Welcome to the TripAdvisor forum. I appreciate your interest in helping me but there are a number of real peculiarities of your post.

You've chosen this thread, answered, ignored and forgotten for seven months, to be your first ever post more than a year and a half after joining and then, with the greatest of respect, you've given a wrong answer when the right one was given in the first reply to the thread.

This exact situation happens once in a while and it always confuses me no end, so I would really appreciate knowing your thought process behind posting. That's a genuine question. I'm not looking to catch you out or show you up. Just interested in what made you decide to post here and now for the first time ever.

Whether you choose to let me know or not I look forward to seeing you around the forum more now you've posted for the first time.

Cheers.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,957 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Plaza Espana (Fountain Square) tapas bar...

LDN - I understand your point and how it can be confusing. TA have a policy of closing inactive threads after 12 months but in the meantime, any open but inactive thread can be resurrected if people (especially new people) are doing searches for something and find one with a question similar to the one they want answered It is a bug bear of mine because sometimes the original information may be very out of date - as you know things change quickly these days and a bar that is open in June one year could be closed for good by January the next.

AtomAtom posted a review of the Terrace Bar (in September 2012) tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g562812-… .Is it the same as the one you went to LDN?

AtomAtom - I echo LDN's welcome to the forum and hope that you post again soon.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,224 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Plaza Espana (Fountain Square) tapas bar...

Ceejay, I understand the explanation you're offering but it throws up as many questions as it answers. Which is why I would be so interested to hear back from Atom.

If Atom posted their review in September what were they doing finding (at a certain amount of length, no doubt) this thread in February? And, considering the previous replies which clearly answered the question, why would they choose to post such a basic, contrary answer?

As I say I'm not coming at this with any negativity, just intrigue. I have seen this happen many times, and under much more extreme circumstances, and every time I post a similar request for further information but, as of yet, have never had a follow-up.

Regarding The Terrace, no it's not the bar I was originally posting about, which is definitely Cafe-Bar Plaza Espana. Entirely on a side note, I have decided neither of these places can hold a candle to El Torreon, which will be my Plaza Espana tapas bar of choice from now on.

Doncaster
Destination Expert
for Lassi
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Plaza Espana (Fountain Square) tapas bar...

Hi!

Just to add my sixpenn'orth, making a general point, I can't understand why older posts are resurrected, especially if it is clear that the OP has had an answer or has since visited the CDS and therefore no longer requires the information.

I do find it perplexing when members post questions on an old thread instead of posting a new question which would get a far better response.

Colin

Get answers to your questions about Arroyo de la Miel
Recent Conversations