We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Restaurant, forgotten name!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
470 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Great Restaurant, forgotten name!

When I was last in Benalmadena I was taken to a good restaurant, which I really enjoyed. However the san miguel consumed previously means I cannot remember the name!

We went past the new Chamelions on up the hill (Gamonal?) and took the next turn right, I recall a Chinese restaurant and next door was the great but forgotten name premises. Opposite was an open space with kids playing.

Good table d'hote menu about €10, including wine, with a proprietor who flapped his arms when chicken was ordered, shouted baa baa for lamb orders, and fenced with an imaginary sword for my Swordfish order!

Can anybody tell me the name, and perhaps the street name, next time I will save the San Miguel for later.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,217 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Restaurant, forgotten name!

Is it Paraiso? Its on the junction of Av Gamonal/Calle de Sagitario if so, overlooking the playground. The Beer Garden is on the Sagitario end of the block and Mallones was on the Gamonal end.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
470 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Restaurant, forgotten name!

Thanks Mantalk,

Now I will not be embarassed when talking to my friends about it! Will be going there again in October (Now I know what to ask for). Thanks for this and for your advice to many others, from which I read and learn.

Joxxer

A M
Benalmadena, Spain
Level Contributor
3,728 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Restaurant, forgotten name!

Definitely Paraiso.

I got a 'baa baa' from him last night !!

Edited: 21 August 2012, 17:12
Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,217 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great Restaurant, forgotten name!

Nice to see you got away AM.

Thanks for the thanks joxxer.

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great Restaurant, forgotten name!

Mike as anyone moved into Mallones Bar yet ?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
470 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great Restaurant, forgotten name!

Thanks everybody! Did you enjoy the lamb AM?

A M
Benalmadena, Spain
Level Contributor
3,728 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great Restaurant, forgotten name!

The lamb was excellent. I normally have a mixed grill but it wasn't on the set menu that day. Vegetable soup, lamb with all the trimmings, strawberry cheesecake and half a bottle of house red for €10 !

Rosie: yes, Malones is open. A very popular afternoon sun-trap.

Mike.

8. Re: Great Restaurant, forgotten name!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2013, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Arroyo de la Miel