We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money exchange

Benalmadena, Spain
Level Contributor
159 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Money exchange

Anyone coming over for xmas the exchange shop opposite jolly pirate is matching rubens and they are only closing on xmas day and new years day.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money exchange

Good shout al, i can see many using that place now instead, especially if they're up around that area, save the walk down and the hike back up ;-) Thanks for posting.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,217 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money exchange

More to do with Rubens being closed until the 27th, they may as well pick up the business. How they can match Rubens without knowing Rubens rate I don't know.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Money exchange

And Rubens Mulled wine, which was delicious!

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,177 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Money exchange

mantalk: I assume Rubens rivals, like us go on line, to check their rates against Rubens rate. Find this to our advantage when rates dropping as rivals slow often to react.

There is still the old fashion method of going round with a paper and pen and writing down your rivals rates, used especially in the Leeds area by exchange staff smokers desperate to get out of the shop for a smoke and using it as the excuse.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,217 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Money exchange

Can't see Rubens updating daily online Ian, when they are closed, was my point. How can you match an unknown figure?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Money exchange

I have just returned from Benalmadena and I did not see any exchange open opposite the fab Jolly pirate for my 6 day stay, I had a hell of a job finding an open exchange.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,217 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Money exchange

I passed 3 times and didnt see it open until the 27th same as Rubens, the rate was a quarter cent below Rubens offering. Rubens got my £3000 at 1.1825. The new one in the marina was offering 1.15 but was open every day. It's in the corner by the ice cream shop near Metro.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Money exchange

< The new one in the marina was offering 1.15 >

Oof. €3 less for every £100 is a significant amount - I suppose they have to pay marina rents but it just shows it's worth looking around.

Rubens do tend to have the best rates, Aguirre Travel in La Carihuela is usually close.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Money exchange

Rubens did open Friday 27 December.

This was publically advertised, and was mentioned on this forum, and any other Spanish forums too.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,217 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Money exchange

The "closed" one referred to is the one on AV Sirocco CC.

Get answers to your questions about Arroyo de la Miel