We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's to like in Los Gigantes?

Los Gigantes
Level Contributor
13 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
What's to like in Los Gigantes?

Not much we concluded. We visited a year ago and were underwhelmed by the ugliness of the place - it manages to combine being buit up with a lack of decent facilities (restaurants, bars). Because it's on a pennisular, it feels a bit cut off and makes getting around awkward if you don't have a car. Apart from walking around the bay, there aren't any walks in the vicinity which don't involve climbing very steep, long hills.Car hire is uncompetitive compared with other larger resorts and the beach is nothing to write home about. We didn't enjoy the place - which wasn't helped by a dose of the virus at Los Gigantes Hotel. We'd definitely give the hotel and the resort a miss in the future....sorry we know it has its fans but not for us!

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,542 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's to like in Los Gigantes?

I remember reading somewhere (not sure where) that Los Gigantes >>> Perfect for anyone whose baked beans have to be Heinz and pint has to be Tetley’s <<< and IMO that pretty much sums up the resort as well as those of Playa Arena and Puerto Santiago. Although there are a couple of little gems to discover. Yet as you say there are those who go back time after time, probably don´t leave the hotel complex, which just shows that Tenerife has something to suit all tastes, ages and pockets.

Hopefully if you decide to come back to Tenerife you will let us know what you are looking for and we can advise somewhere far more suitable.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

lisburn
Level Contributor
106 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's to like in Los Gigantes?

Hi,

I went to Los Gigantes twice, once with my parents, pregnant sister and her partner and the second time with my partner. The first time was perfect, we could go on daily trips by coach and on the days my sister (who had a difficult pregnancy) was too unwell to contend with a bus trip we stayed by the pool. The second time though I knew the island a bit better and wanted to explore more and more and didnt have the burden of my (lovely) sister and her pregnancy to please so options of hanging round the pool made life a bit boring! By the end of the second week on my second visit I spent most afternoons in playa de la arena by a bar writing notes for ideas to improve my business, I was never so pleased to go home! It just goes to show your perception of a place can vastly change within a year - I love the place for what it is, and when I return to Tenerife this year will probably take a stroll to Tenerife but glad to be staying somewhere different for a change!

3. Re: What's to like in Los Gigantes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2012, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Acantilado de los...
Recent Conversations