We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can you review a Hotel if you don't stay there?

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
How can you review a Hotel if you don't stay there?

I am baffled and very annoyed how the latest reviewer on trip advisor can review the Los Gigantes Hotel without staying there. All he/she has done has visited in the day time and then the evening surely this can not be counted as a true review.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,526 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How can you review a Hotel if you don't stay there?

ROFL, they may not have stayed in the hotel but I personally think their review is spot on.

If you have a problem with it you can always report it to TA by clicking on the link at the end of the review and you are given several options to choose from.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How can you review a Hotel if you don't stay there?

I am also assuming you have never stayed there either!!!

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,526 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How can you review a Hotel if you don't stay there?

Correct, I have been many times both before and after the refurb but far too young to stay there 8)

But if you disagree as you obviously do you can always write your own review because at the end of the day a review is only a personal opinion and life would be boring if we all liked the same thing.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/

Edited: 24 May 2013, 11:27
Chester
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How can you review a Hotel if you don't stay there?

Hi,

I am with Aquilas on this issue.

I have stayed at the hotel and it is useful to have an update, even if it is only of a small part of the hotel.

I have seen lots of reviews similar to this one and as long as the person makes it clear that they only visited / viewed the hotel I don't have a problem with it.

Keith.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,885 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How can you review a Hotel if you don't stay there?

Well i went to the Monkey Park but didnt stay there so would that be classed as a fair review ?

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How can you review a Hotel if you don't stay there?

Thank you OLNF - that made me chuckle!!

But back to the thread - I am in complete agreement with the others - who said you could only review places if you had stayed there.

The reviewer makes it clear they went in twice at different times of the day and these were their findings. I think it is a great review of the refurb and if I considered staying there (four year old would prohibit me booking!) this review gives a good insight as to what to expect.

Edited: 24 May 2013, 15:36
Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How can you review a Hotel if you don't stay there?

Hi

Not saying you can not review a hotel if you have not stayed there ,but on two visits ,to give a mostly negative review . Anguished looks on elderly , waiting for god , seems a bit strange when most of the other reviews, from people who have stayed there , are quite good .

Its all a matter of opinion , but I know which reviews I would take notice of .

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How can you review a Hotel if you don't stay there?

I have stayed there, because it was the only reasonably priced accommodation left, and I definitely agree with that review. Not one to return to.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,885 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How can you review a Hotel if you don't stay there?

Whilst in Tenerife i often pop into other hotels ,as a guide to see if it would suit me for future visits more so if it suits a disabled tourist .As hotels often say they are but but fail in various over sites ,none more so than if lifts are able to take a wheelchair .Its fine that they have a lift ,but for many its a great chore if the wheelchair does fitin ! So my point .......you can go into a hotel and see what facilities it has etc and what type of customer be it 18/30s or an older age group .I visited the Vulcano in PDLA ,instantly i saw it was mainly an older customer .Nothing wrong in that ,however i wouldnt on that basis recommend it for young families ,18/30s etc .Surely thats like the person who wrote the review ,often it takes someone from the outside to see what isnt apparent to the resident .

>>>But i know which reviews i would take notice of <<<< thats fine ,but in many cases we know little of the reviewer be they OLD or be they young .So someone who is not in the right section could really book somewhere unsuitable .And of course some people though a certain age dont fit into a certain clique.

I think outside observation of hotels is just as welcome as from those staying there ......it gives an all round picture ,and surely everyones opinion is welcome ?

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How can you review a Hotel if you don't stay there?

Hi

I agree , and as I said "its a matter of opinion " but surely ,someone who has stayed at a hotel has a better overall view to the facilities and atmosphere found there . Also the review describing anguished looking elderly and waiting for God is very ageist and sounds like someone young giving the report .

I am over sixty. and take offence , that some one visiting a hotel and seeing me ,would put a report on a site saying I was waiting for God .I am full of life and can give a lot of the younger generation a run for their money .

Get answers to your questions about Acantilado de los...
Recent Conversations