We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recommendations for guides in Inle, please

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
225 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
recommendations for guides in Inle, please

Hi All,

I'd like to have a guide for at least one day in Inle. Unlike Mandalay or Bagan, searches here and elsewhere produced nothing. Are guides in Inle so unnecessary?

In any case, if you have any recommendations, I'd be most thankful.

Roni.

Mentioned in this post
Mandalay
Mandalay
Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Bagan
Bagan
Mandalay Region, Myanmar
N S
Nyaungshwe, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Nyaungshwe
Level Contributor
620 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: recommendations for guides in Inle, please

If you like to know more about Inle area,I think you should hire a station guide.Detail about tribes,lake's history,In Thar tribe's origin and etc.

You will not need a guide for vacation or relax.

If you like to know more detail about Inle area,try following local agent.Not bad at all.

eversmile.ns.inle@gmail.com

Singapore
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: recommendations for guides in Inle, please

Not sure if you have already made your trip. If you are still keen, I can check if I still have the business card. I had a tour guide 2 years ago and she speaks good English and is very good. She's probably the best I had in my trip to Yangon, Bagan, Mandalay and Inle.

Mentioned in this post
Yangon (Rangoon)
Yangon (Rangoon)
Yangon Region, Myanmar
Bagan
Bagan
Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Mandalay
Mandalay
Mandalay Region, Myanmar
3. Re: recommendations for guides in Inle, please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 12:05
Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
225 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: recommendations for guides in Inle, please

Thank you 3suku, please check ASAP.

Roni

Vancouver, Canada
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: recommendations for guides in Inle, please

We were there last week, and did a one day hike out of Kalaw with one of my all time favorite guides.

He is from a village on Inle, and guides all over the place, including the trek from Inle to Kalaw, and I would imagine around Inle too.

His name is Muang Lan, and he works out of the Pine Breeze Hotel in Kalaw, I'm sure they can put you in touch with him!

If you are interested in reading the full story about our trip including our hike with Maung Lan, it can be found here: nobleanarchist.com/blog/myanmar-meander/

Thanks and good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Kalaw
Kalaw
Shan State, Myanmar
Pine Breeze Hotel
Pine Breeze Hotel
127 Reviews
Kalaw, Myanmar
Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
225 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: recommendations for guides in Inle, please

Thanks a lot!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: recommendations for guides in Inle, please

Hope this will help someone else, as I cannot find an actual listing page to write the review. We hired peter from Peter's Travel Agency right next to the Princess Garden Hotel. In addition to guided day trip, we also booked a flight, including arranged airport transport. Prices were in line with what we expected to pay from online research and Peter was easy & pleasant to communicate with. After this positive experience, stopped by another day to check out a trip to Samkar, which supposedly required a hefty entrance & guide fees according to another agency. Not so! We were able to book with Peter & ended up having one of the best days of our trip in Myanmar. We were out around the lake for 11 hours & really felt off the typical inle lake day trip with Peter & his girlfriend. Other tours make a very set route of stops at handicraft shops and the market. Instead we got to see villages, a small distillery, to eat within the floating market at a food stall where I am not sure we could have figured out on our own. Overall just a stellar day, great communication, insider knowledge and excellent price for the experience.

Mentioned in this post
Princess Garden Hotel
Princess Garden Hotel
486 Reviews
Nyaungshwe, Myanmar
8. Re: recommendations for guides in Inle, please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2015, 04:50