We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dogs on beaches-Cote d'Azure

Southport
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Dogs on beaches-Cote d'Azure

Does anyone know which beaches, if any, dogs are allowed on around the Cote d'Azure? Has anyone been to Agay?

15 replies to this topic
Antibes, France
Level Contributor
11,397 posts
1. Re: Dogs on beaches-Cote d'Azure

I can only speak for the Antibes area. Here dogs are officially banned from public beaches between April 1st and September 30th. That does not stop people bringing the occassional dog onto the beach, particularly early or late.

Ed

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,162 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Dogs on beaches-Cote d'Azure

Nice has a designated an area of beach for dogs but it is the far end of the Baie des Anges at Carras, which is around four kilometres out of town near the airport and not really much use to visitors.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
3. Re: Dogs on beaches-Cote d'Azure

Nice doesn't have a designated area of beach for dogs -one was proposed at carras but the locals went nuts - all beaches in nice are forbidden to dogs

Beaches which allow dogs on list below - nb even if dogs are allowed, they may not be allowed all year round - check notices for exclusion dates and do not allow dog to foul the beach

agay is in the Var region so scroll down of nearest possibles

detouspoils.com/Pages/pg_aniinfosprome.html

Edited: 22 May 2011, 14:53
Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
4. Re: Dogs on beaches-Cote d'Azure

I have stayed in Carras many times. Apartment rental is cheaper there and there is a big choice of buses and the N4 at night. There are a number of restaurants and a big carrefour supermarket on your doorstep.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,378 posts
69 reviews
5. Re: Dogs on beaches-Cote d'Azure

A large dog was cavorting on the beach near the Negresco on Thursday evening as its owner watched from the prom. When it stopped in order to defecate copiously the owner shrugged his shoulders and walked away.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,162 posts
20 reviews
6. Re: Dogs on beaches-Cote d'Azure

I recall reading about the Carras plage a chiens designation, but hadn't picked up they had backed off, though I can't say I'm suprised. It's one thing to step in doggy-doo, its something else to lie among it.!

Dog owners seem to have something in common with cyclists, who think rules don't apply to them. Having had all that lavish expensive dedicated cycleway built for them, I still find cyclists ignoring it to weave among the pedestrians along the Prom. And dog owners who delight in feeding their dog, but refuse to take any responsibilty for what comes out its back-end, unlike parents of small children.

Podgorica...
2 posts
7. Re: Dogs on beaches-Cote d'Azure

Hi,

Fortunately, it seems that things changed a bit from 2011. We were just in Nice and found a couple of dog-friendly destinations in Nice and around. You can read all about it here: https:/…

Hope it helps someone! :)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,254 posts
65 reviews
8. Re: Dogs on beaches-Cote d'Azure

You can't promote your nonsense business here.

Reported for solicitation.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7,974 posts
526 reviews
9. Re: Dogs on beaches-Cote d'Azure

There is a doggie beach in Menton.

Also, people take their dogs to the little informal beach coves between the real beaches -and also sneak them on to beaches.

I have 3 dogs. I always clean up after them so lets not categorize all of us.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
11,397 posts
10. Re: Dogs on beaches-Cote d'Azure

I often see dogs obviously in distress in the heat and I dont think a beach in summer is any place for them. Most locals walk their dogs in the parks in the evening, and many of these have doggie toilets.

Ed

Reply to: Dogs on beaches-Cote d'Azure
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Agay
More Agay Topics