We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alykes-Traditional or full of brit bars?

Which Alykes hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Alykes-Traditional or full of brit bars?

Hiya, I'm about to book a holiday to a Greek Island. I'm going with my boyfriend in the third week of September, we're in our late 20s and are looking for somewhere that's cheap.

It seems as though Alykes might be a good bet but I can't quite work out how chavvy it is. Here's what I do and don't want...

DO:

Traditional greek tavernas

A few low key bars

Quiet beach

DON'T:

Drunk screaming brits

pools of vomit from last night

Brit bars

Is Alykes the place to go? If not where would be suitable? Any experiences and recommendations would be much appreciated.

Edited: 21 August 2011, 13:58
CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria
Level Contributor
6,129 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alykes-Traditional or full of brit bars?

Rest assured you'll see no drunken antics, total peace and quiet on a fab beach with plenty of traditional restaurants to chose from.

Alykes/Alykanas's police won't have any trouble and everything is toned down after midnight, it's chill out Heaven there. Most people that go there first time return again and again such is it's pull !!!!!!

Edited: 21 August 2011, 14:29
CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria
Level Contributor
6,129 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alykes-Traditional or full of brit bars?

Plenty of information about the area here:- http://www.alykes.com/

slough
Level Contributor
138 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alykes-Traditional or full of brit bars?

Agree with what was said above, alykanas and alykes are lovely places, great restaurants and some nice bars. We are going back there for the fifth time in september.

Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alykes-Traditional or full of brit bars?

Alykes would seem to fit your bill. Been going there for 10 years on and off. I think the only time there has been any excessive excitement was when Greece won the Eurpean Cup in 2004.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
307 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alykes-Traditional or full of brit bars?

Alikes is lovely. Enough bars and restaurants but not too many. Tends to attract couples rather than teenage crowd.

6. Re: Alykes-Traditional or full of brit bars?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Alykes
Recent Conversations