We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from kl to langkawi

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Topic
from kl to langkawi

1.where can i get the buses to langkawi from pasar seni, k.l ?

2. How much is it?

Manama, Bahrain
Level Contributor
14 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from kl to langkawi

I do not think it's a good idea to take the bus !! it will cost more than the plane because you will waist a whole day ...

I advise you to take the plane air asia and firefly ( firefly have better prices ).

Edited: 02 January 2012, 11:42
London
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from kl to langkawi

Agree with the above - thats a long way to go and dont forget, you will need to catch a ferry as well thereafter.

But to answer your question, you will need to find buses that go to Kuala Perlis (probably from Pudu bus station). From there, you will need to catch a 1hr ferry to Langkawi. Have no idea how long the bus is from KL, but since KL/Penang is around 4-5 hours with Penang/KP around 3 hours, you are looking at 9 hours total, not including waiting time etc.

Firefly have wonderful packages - flight plus hotel. Look into it and you will save some time.

Hope this helps

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: from kl to langkawi

If you have decided bus, the only advice I would have is be prepared for the very cold bus ride. A fleece jacket or/& fleece blanket with a hat is essential. I travel this way often.

From Pasar Seni take 1 stop LRT ride. Take the late night bus from Pudu bus station to Kuala Perlis. You'll arrive around 6am. Refresh yourself and from there, 1hr ferry to Langkawi.

Bus - 6hrs - RM45

Ferry - 1hr - RM18

Happy Exploring!

4. Re: from kl to langkawi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 December 2012, 13:05
Edited: 13 December 2012, 13:05
Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Terengganu
Level Contributor
11,598 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: from kl to langkawi

Hi Tashi, totally agree with the above posts, the flight is more comfortable and very fast

Enjoy

Kirkkonummi, Finland
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: from kl to langkawi

Good post. Good to know it will be cold in the bus, because we have booked the late night bus from KL to Kuala Perlis. It costed 45 MYR/person. We are saving one hotel night and trying to sleep on the bus. Lets see... A bit of adventure :-) I try to remember to post my review after the trip.

Kirkkonummi, Finland
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: from kl to langkawi

Oh, and the bus was booked through easybook.com and it:

Depart: Kuala Lumpur, Puduraya (Kaunter 26, Bangunan Hentian Puduraya (Tel: +603 20786618))

Arrive: Perlis, Kuala Perlis (Kaunter 1, 4 Stesyen Bas Express)

Milla

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: from kl to langkawi

Good to know that Milla. Didn't know about the ticket booking site. Thanx for that.

Happy travelling!

9. Re: from kl to langkawi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 15:15
Get answers to your questions about Kuah