We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Langkawi - Bayview Hotel

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Langkawi - Bayview Hotel

Hi I will be going to Langkawi in August 2012, staying at Bayview Hotel

Anyway good food to recommend around that area, any nice places to visit? Please advice? Thank you

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Langkawi - Bayview Hotel

Hi Linda,

Bayview is right in Kuah town. Rootian will be a good place for hawker style breakfast just like in Singapore but less pricier (and 'lahsam tampo'<hokkien> la).

Lagenda Park will be nice but u may need someone to explain what they are. Eagle square will have a different feel day & night time. Personally I prefer the night look of eagle square (not so hot).

Wan Thai & Wonderland are 2 restaurants that I would recommend (5mins way by car/taxi from Bayview. If you like Indian food, there's a nice new restaurant by the name of Passage thru India just a stone throe away from Bayview.

Take a trip to the Northern Beach like Tg Rhu and don't miss out for a dip in the refreshing waterfalls in Langkawi.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Langkawi - Bayview Hotel

Also, go on a island hopping from Kuah, mangrove trip in Kilim & sunset cruise with Damai Indah. Plenty of massage places too here too.

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Langkawi - Bayview Hotel

Hi Baskie

Thanks a lot, really appreciate that. I like the hokkien phrase (lahsam tampo) means a bit dirty.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Langkawi - Bayview Hotel

That's right. WIsh you a restful holiday in Langkawi.

Happy Planning!

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
153 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Langkawi - Bayview Hotel

Have a nice walk around Lagenda park,sit on the seats provided ( no- not the one with its back missing ) and drink in the view.Lovely ! Telaga harbour/Perdana quay for lunch one day and take a look around the 5 star Danna - its excellent.Staff are extremely friendly and they love showing people round.Just up the road from there is the Oriental village.Its worth a look ( plenty of eateries as well ).If you are not afraid of heights go up on the cable car - beautiful scenery.Take mozzie repellant !

If you like Margueritas go up to the Westin.Again- sit there and take in the view.

As suggested by Baskie, I would also recommend the mangrove tour but please ask the boat guy NOT to feed the Eagles with chicken skin !

If you fancy a really nice Turkish/European meal I would suggest you try Ashkim at Padang Matsirat.Check it out on t/advisor.I recommend the mixed grill- large enough for two !!

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Langkawi - Bayview Hotel

Hi BobT573

Thanks alot for the information.

Cheers

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
153 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Langkawi - Bayview Hotel

My pleasure ! Enjoy !!

8. Re: Langkawi - Bayview Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Kuah