We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of drinking wine at a bar or restraunt ??

Perth, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Cost of drinking wine at a bar or restraunt ??

Hi, my partner and I both enjoy a bottle of wine each most nights we are away !! - our last holiday in Ko Samui cost us a small fortune !!

We like to enjoy our wine whilst being at a nice beach side bar or restaurant - have a pre dinner drink at the hotel is fine but not quite the same.

Can you advise approximate costs for consuming a half reasonable wine at some of the the local bars and restaurants. please . have seen some posts but quite old.

Thanks, Robert.

15 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
6,063 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cost of drinking wine at a bar or restraunt ??

75.5 % , yo momma.

Just reading good for setting alight , ie B52 etc.

A couple of those and some Sunstroke could leave you in a world of hurt 😬

Edited: 04 February 2018, 09:53
Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
4,733 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cost of drinking wine at a bar or restraunt ??

That's the one! Used to be able to buy it in Cenang Mall Duty Free.

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cost of drinking wine at a bar or restraunt ??

Casa del Mar - gorgeous place, right on the beach but at the quiet end. Adults only, lovely staff, great food/drink. Desperate to go back!!

Newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
180 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Cost of drinking wine at a bar or restraunt ??

Frankly, I wouldn’t bother drinking wine in Langkawi, especially in restaurants and bars - Malaysia as a Muslim country is a nightmare for drinkers, but Langkawi as a duty free island is not as bad as the rest of the country.

Your best bet, if you want wine, is to go to a restaurant that doesn’t serve alcohol, ask them if they mind you drinking your own, and they will usually be happy to say yes and not even charge corkage - then nip down the street to the nearest ‘duty free shop’, buy a bottle and take it back to the restaurant.

That’s the cheapest way to do it - but avoid drinking in hotels - ours charges an awful lot for booze even in the so-called ‘happy hour’ - Happy? It would make me cry!

London
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Cost of drinking wine at a bar or restraunt ??

a bottle of wine each most nights?

Reply to: Cost of drinking wine at a bar or restraunt ??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pantai Cenang
Recent Conversations