We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Decision Time

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
883 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Decision Time

Thanks for the previous feedback from my last post - now it is decision time on which Accommodation to book for Christmas break.....

The Beach Garden was our first choice (for a family of 5 including 3 adult kids) but they are booked out.

I now cannot decide between the Holday Villa Resort or the Sunset Beach Resort. There is not much difference in price so that is not an issue.......

Any expert advice out there? Which one would you choose? I know the Holiday Villa has what seems like a nice pool, but Sunset seems to have nicer rooms....both on the beach......is one closer to restaurants, bars, shops than the other?

Any assistance owuld be fantastic thanks guys

Cheers - Steve

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Decision Time

Langkawi budget accommodation at pantai cenang - http://bit.ly/z15wwr Read the hotels or resorts reviews and amenities. You may find what you needs. Or you may want to see the whole list of Langkawi Hotel - http://bit.ly/efJdw9

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,075 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Decision Time

Dear Steve,

I am a big fan of Sunset Beach Resort but as you come with kids, they will for sure love the facilities of Holiday Villa.

Eva

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
883 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Decision Time

Thanks Eva

We have booked accommodation at the Holiday Villa after a fair bit of negotiating due to the time of year we are visiting.

Do you know how long it takes to walk into Cenang for dinner and drinks in the evening? Or, would you take a taxi or someother transport?

Thanks for your advice

Steve

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,236 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Decision Time

Hi

Depending on where you want to be in Pantai Cenang, it will probably take around 10/15 mins to stroll there.

Enjoy

Lesley

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
883 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Decision Time

Thanks Lesley - sounds great !

Just in case though, are taxis readily available for return trip later in the evening?

Thanks so much

Steve

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,236 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Decision Time

Hi

Yes, there are lots of taxis around in Pantai Cenang but I am sure the restaurant of whatever would be happy to arrange one for you if necessary.

Enjoy

Lesley

Edited: 15 March 2012, 07:18
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
883 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Decision Time

Thanks Lesley (and everyone else)

Sounds ideal.

Cheers

Steve

8. Re: Hotel Decision Time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 19:57
Get answers to your questions about Pantai Cenang