We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pantai Tengah Beach - November

Which Pantai Cenang hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Pantai Tengah Beach - November

Hi There,

We are going to Langkawi early November. Can anyone tell me what the beach at Tengah is like during this period. What the jellyfish situation like and the tides and currents in the ocean? is it safe to swim.

any other tips or recommendations i.e. restauants/bars would be most welcome.

Thank you

Adam

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
9,439 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pantai Tengah Beach - November

Hi Adam

November is at the end of the rainy season so the weather should be very sunny - it is always hot and humid whatever the weather.

In Pantai Tengah there is quite an undertow and there can also be rip tides so watch it if you are swimming there or alternatively use your hotel pool.

There are numerous bars and restaurants in the Pantai Tengah/Pantai Cenang area as this is the main tourist spot on the island. You will be spoilt for choice.

Lesley

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pantai Tengah Beach - November

Thanks Lesley, the hotel we are using doesnt have a pool so we were going to just had a swim in the ocean instead, not by going 200m out to sea but more in the shallows. is that still not advisable? also i have read that jellyfish regualrly come to the shore.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
9,439 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pantai Tengah Beach - November

Hi

You should be ok if you are not swimming out too far in the sea, just having a quick dip is quite safe.

Lesley

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
6,986 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pantai Tengah Beach - November

Dear dam,

in Tengah you have less danger of jelly fish due to certain circumstances including the current. If you want to use a pool, politely ask Frangipani. If you consumer some of there food and beverages they are quite tolerant.

Eva

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,636 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pantai Tengah Beach - November

i noticed the frangipani now have a new, prominent sign at their entrance saying pool and facilities are strictly for hotel guests only. i didn't check it out though.

Nowra, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pantai Tengah Beach - November

Pantai Tengah is a safe beach, just be observant. It is best to swim at low tide as the beach is quite steep and at high tide it gets deep very quickly, there can be an undertow which is is not always there, hence the warning about being observant and keep an eye on kids.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,636 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pantai Tengah Beach - November

the beach is prone to rips. visitors have drowned there - the most recent was last year. so as harry says - take care.

8. Re: Pantai Tengah Beach - November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Pantai Cenang