We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Stay

Sheffield
Level Contributor
613 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Long Stay

Hi, All.

Seriously thinking about a 28 night stay at Best Star Resort for all of February 2015. Main thing,,,,,is the humidity bad in February?

Also any comments on our choice of hotel, seen a few bad reviews about constuction work recently, but I suspect that will be finished by 2015.

I am a big fan of Goa so beach bars and sunbeds is a big must for us, as we like to laze about on beach all day. So are they easy to find, and how much.

Evening wining and dining average meal and drink prices etc. All info welcome as never been to Malaysia before. Thanks for your help.

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,948 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Stay

Location wise, excellent, Best Star is slap bang in the middle of Pantai Cenang overlooking the beach. The construction work taking place is a major job- They are going up at least one floor and outwards towards the road.

Although most people just lay on sarongs/towels on the beach, loungers are available, just see one of the boys selling banana boat rides. Price wise, the lads outside AB charge 10rm per day, so I guess this is the standard rate. There are several beach cafes with tables and chairs.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
613 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Stay

Thanks for your reply. Best Star Hotel have told me the works should be finished by May 2014, so no worries there.

Just keen to know the humidity to expect in February, I understand that it is lowest in Feb. I can't take strolling in the evening with sweat pouring off me. Goa in April was horrendous. Cheers.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,531 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Stay

Hi

February is very hot and dry and consequently the humidity can be high.

Lesley

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,948 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long Stay

I don't know the figures but it was still OK for us last week.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
613 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Long Stay

Thanks.

I appreciate all your advice, sorry to be a pain, but what would be the best time to visit overall. Heat I don't mind, I can hide in the shade when needs be.

I will check weather sites re- humidity, but February seems reasonable so far.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,531 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Long Stay

Hi

If you are traveling in February you may also wanf to check when Chinese New Year will be as the island will be very busy at that time

Lesley

Sheffield
Level Contributor
613 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Long Stay

Hi, Everyone.

Many thanks for all your replies. Looked at humidity in February in detail across a few web-sites and and for me it's border line, similar to Goa in April. And seeing as Steady informs me that it will be busy as well, then I've decided Langkawi is not for me. Which is a pity because we really fancied it.

However thanks to all for your time and info, been a great help.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Long Stay

returned yesterday. humidity ranged from 10% to 68% during the last few weeks. this is unusually dry. in the past, we have experienced humidity of 60% to 98% even in the 'dry' season. langkawi in february is much more humid than goa is in 'winter' - it is closer to goa just before the rains come.

the best star motel is not showing any signs of being 'nearly completed'. even if it were, construction and destruction is constant along p.cenang. a restaurant which is well loved and busy one day is knocked down the next. some places take years to build, others appear in a month. it is what it is, and no-one can predict what will be there next month, let alone next year.

prices range from rm2 for street food to rm250 for 'posh' places. the average from those prices is rm126. a totally meaningless figure. so tell us what you want to eat and we might be better placed to advise on cost.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
613 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Long Stay

Hi. Pam.

Thanks for your info. In my previous post I had decided to give up on Langkawi mainly because of the humidity. Add to that being very crowded in February and constant constuction around, then it's definitely not for me.

Thanks to all for their input, in helping us decide.

10. Re: Long Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Pantai Cenang