We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walton Hall

Louisiana
Level Contributor
48 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Walton Hall

We are looking for the closest train station to Walton Hall... trying to decide on car rental for back and forth from hotel to train station or taxis for back and forth. One site says Stratford Upon Avon railway station (5.82 miles) Wilmcote railway station (8.13 miles)

Warwick railway station (8.15 miles)

Leamington Spa railway station (8.27 miles)

Bearley railway station (8.73 miles)

Just checking to see if these are accurate distances/times? thanks!

6 replies to this topic
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
652 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walton Hall

The best train station will be dependent on where you are travelling from. Some will require a couple of changes of train to get there, which might alter your decision on how to travel. Train times can be got from www.thetrainline.com if you need more help to work it out. Wilmcote is a little village so I suspect the trains do not run very frequently and there will be train changes to make to get there. Stratford would be the nearest station definitely and 5 miles is probably about right.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,026 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walton Hall

Leamington Spa is a good railhead. You have Chiltern Railways services direct to London (Marylebone) and Birmingham. You also have Cross-Country trains that run down to Oxford and the South Coast as far as Bournemouth, and up to the Midlands and North.

Stratford-upon-Avon has regular trains to Birmingham and a patchy service to London, and that's about it.

http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/

http://www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk/

Edited: 29 June 2012, 12:23
Louisiana
Level Contributor
48 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walton Hall

Thanks for the suggestions! I checked out time schedules for Leamington Spa and Stratford-upon-Avon, and I think we can make the timelines work for what we will need. My next mission is to find out which taxi services we need to and from those train stations--still trying to decide whether we need to rent a minibus or not. I don't mind driving our group for a short distance back and forth from Walton Hall to train station if that will be cheaper than taxis, but if I can find a reasonable taxi service then I'm happy to use them instead...

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walton Hall

Apart from getting to Wallton Hall have you thought how you are going to explore the area once there? I stayed in a timeshare there a few years and although loved it we would have been lost without own transport.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
48 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walton Hall

If we wind up with fewer than 8 people in our group, I won't have a problem renting a car for explorations in the area. If we have 8, then the cost of rental minibus/minivans increases considerably over taxi fare. I am hoping we can get by with rail passes and taxis since I would have to be the one driving the group around anyway... I checked some of the rail timetables and we may be okay for some of the towns in this area. Thanks!

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walton Hall

I see your problem as that is a large group with only one driver. Hope all your planning works out and that you have a good holiday at Walton.

Reply to: Walton Hall
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wellesbourne Hastings
Recent Conversations