We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to the lake

Which Torre del Lago Puccini hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
plymouth
Level Contributor
201 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to the lake

We will be getting a train to torre del lago from bagni di lucca in October how do we get to the lake from the train station please and does anyone know if they will still be doing boat tours of the lake we are coming the first two weeks of October also does anyone have the link o the company that runs the boat tours .thank you for any help

4 replies to this topic
Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to the lake

parcosanrossore.org/en/know-the-park/visit-t…

versiliainfo.com/en/sightseeing-tours-versil…

Some links

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,100 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to the lake

The only information I can find about the boats is at parcosanrossore.org/en/know-the-park/visit-t… or about private tours on Saturdays at terredimare.org/2013/…

Maybe contact versiliainfo.com/versilia-tourist-informatio… to find out more.

While the lake itself is very close to Torre del Lago station, where the boats go from (if they do!) is the other side of the lake and would be best reached by taking the Lucca-Viareggio bus www.vaibus.com/pdf/orari/EXTRAURB_001.pdf to somewhere near Massarosa.

I'm assuming you're passionate bird-watchers, as I suspect for others this might not be the most rewarding day out.

Edited: 18 January 2014, 11:56
plymouth
Level Contributor
201 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to the lake

Actually we are not passionate bird watchers we just thought it looked a nice day out?if not can you suggest alternative places we are in our fifties and enjoy nice scenery and nature thank you for your help

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,100 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to the lake

Well, if you like flat marshlands and reeds it could be very nice. Maybe it's just that these don't enthrall me personally. There will be distant views of the mountains.

Plenty of time still for you to research the wide range of other possible days out.

Reply to: Getting to the lake
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Torre del Lago Puccini
More Torre del Lago Puccini Topics