We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from vac to Estergom

Which Vac hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
malta
Level Contributor
123 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
from vac to Estergom

Can I go to Estergom from Vac by train? I am going to Vac by train from Budapest & than to Estergom,

Your help is much appreciated.

4 replies to this topic
Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
2,821 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: from vac to Estergom

Vác is on the other side of the river from Esztergom. You go by train, on the following, quite illogical route:

Vác->Budapest->Komárom->Esztergom. Direct route to Esztergom from Budapest is closed due to reconstruction.

In any case, you will probably have to return to Budapest. I suggest taking a bus.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,390 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from vac to Estergom

There is a ferry (komp) from Vac to the other (west) bank of the river: from memory there is a bus service from the other side, but I know not where it goes - but it must go to Tahitotfalu, from where it should be possible to get a bus to Esztergom.

The local tourist info office should be able to help.

malta
Level Contributor
123 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: from vac to Estergom

Someone told me that I can go from Budapest to Vac,than to Sturoso and than walk across a bridge to Esztergom,and from Esztergom by bus 880 to Danube bend.But I am not sure if he is correct.About the construction you said that there is between Budapest and Esztergom maybe it will be finished by August!!

Thanks for your reply.

Vecses, Hungary
Level Contributor
1 post
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: from vac to Estergom

I'm pretty sure that there is not direct train or bus between Vác and Esztergom. It is better to come back to Budapest from Vác, then heading to Esztergom. Due to train bridge reconstruction, I suggest bus.

For train timetables try this:

http://elvira.hu/english/index.php

For the bus timetable try this:

…cdata.hu/uj_menetrend/en/index.php

Reply to: from vac to Estergom
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vac
Recent Conversations