We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Papanoa -- A hidden Gem that TripAdvisor won't recognize

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
19 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Papanoa -- A hidden Gem that TripAdvisor won't recognize

We are winding up 10 days on a gorgeous beach at Hotel Bogavante in Bahias de Papano. While the hotel appears, it only shows up as Guerrero (the State) and directions lead several hundred miles away to Durango (I've notified TripAdvisor). The hotel down the beach is listed as Zihuatenejo, an hour and a half North.

Everyone headed to Mexico's Central Pacific Coast should know about this place.

Has anyone else had luck getting TripAdvisor to respond and add a place to the map. I can't even fill in the fields on the email request.

4 replies to this topic
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,730 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Papanoa -- A hidden Gem that TripAdvisor won't recognize

Here are the hotel reviews...and of course the big red Travelers Advisory shows up ...as it is Guerrero and in the Vincente Guerrero area...but I see the map is wrong...as are many of Trip Advisors maps. As a Destination Expert I have written multiple times to try to get maps fixed...hotels added...never seems to work out.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1104122-d19779…

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
19 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Papanoa -- A hidden Gem that TripAdvisor won't recognize

Thanks for answering. Is there a way to write them directly about a place they don't recognize? P.S. I assume you're a Zihuatenejo expert, or is it broader?

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,730 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Papanoa -- A hidden Gem that TripAdvisor won't recognize

Try this...it might work...they don't even answer me some times for days..and we have a different special email to use...so don't hold your breathe...wait ad be patient.

Mention the map being wrong...and how to add the hotel...

http://help.tripadvisor.com/

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Papanoa -- A hidden Gem that TripAdvisor won't recognize

I agree communication is hard if not impossible with TA.

The beach you are talking about is indeed worth a day trip at the least. We spent a day there last season. One of our group found several sharks teeth among the rocks at the South end. She was thrilled.

Reply to: Papanoa -- A hidden Gem that TripAdvisor won't recognize
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted