We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shipwatch I Stonetouch 1784-4

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Shipwatch I Stonetouch 1784-4

Beware of this Rental: Our family has been coming to Topsail Island for the past 15 years. We love the quiet and beautiful town of North Topsail Beach. After researching hundreds of homes that fit our preferences, I selected my rental online, (Shipwatch I Stonetouch 1784-4).

Having been used to a beach home we wanted as much privacy as we could get. When I phoned the realtor to reserve the townhome I specifically asked if it was an end unit and was assured it was as I was told a second time I called before making a deposit.

I was so angry and upset to arrive after an eleven hour drive to find out it wasn't an end unit at all. I immediately phoned the agency and told them I was told I was getting an end unit in the complex; they apologized and said there must have been a misunderstanding. I told her no, that their reservationist obviously didn't know the properties or didn't care. That was a huge disappointment and another disappointment was when we entered the townhome and seen how poorly the unit was maintained.

All of the walls in this condo are in need of serious repair and painting. There were patch spots all over the place and the time wasn't taken to paint over the patches. It was as if they just didn't care. You could tell there was water damage, the ceiling above the kitchen table was peeling and cracking. The private bathroom on the third floor was in deplorable condition. The tub was above the kitchen floor and the reason for the water damage on the ceiling. When you were in the shower it creaked and made noises. We were scared to death to use the tub for fear it would fall through the ceiling.

There was no furniture on the top deck and both screen doors to either deck did not work. Also there was supposed to be a grill, no grill was to be found and we had to change our plans for July 4th due to this.

I have never encountered a unit in such a shabby and poorly maintained condition before. The unit was not what it was represented to be. I have rented several different homes over the years from different agencies and have never had a problem, UNTIL THIS YEAR! I realize there isn't much they could do about lying about which unit we were renting but they should be ashamed and embarrassed to list this place as a rental unit. I will never rent from Century 21 Action again and I will make sure that no one else I know rents from this realtor either!

Edited: 29 October 2013, 17:58
1. Re: Shipwatch I Stonetouch 1784-4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2015, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about North Topsail Beach
More North Topsail Beach Topics