We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soda Rock

united states
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Soda Rock

I recently received an offer from ZAP that included Soda Rock. I have never heard of them and wondered if anyone can give me some information. The website left me with the impression that they don't actually have their own vineyard but source from the Wilson's other properties ...which is a collection that seems to keep growing and growing!!!

Anybody have experience with this facility that they are willing to share?

Healdsburg, CA
Level Contributor
476 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soda Rock

Soda Rock is out on Alexander Valley Road, and it is owned by WIlson Winery (I think it's Wilson Artisan Wines). I haven't been out there yet, but the facility looks really neat and unique. Sorry that wasn't more helpful!

Innkeeper Mandie

united states
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Soda Rock

that's ok Mandie. I appreciate the answer. Have you had the wine?

Healdsburg, CA
Level Contributor
476 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Soda Rock

No not yet. They had an opening party maybe a month ago, but I was working at the Inn so couldn't make it. I'd be interested to know what you think if you try it!

united states
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Soda Rock

Is that facility going to be primarily for functions, do you think?? The website seems to focus more on the socializing than the wine-making potential which seems a little odd for a winery.

You may get to it before I do since I can't get it here and don't plan to purchase the ZAP package! If you try it, let me know and I'll do the same, ok??

Healdsburg, CA
Level Contributor
476 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Soda Rock

Sounds good, I'll let you know anything I hear!

Healdsburg, CA
Level Contributor
476 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Soda Rock

I happened to meet someone from the Wilson winery family yesterday, and asked him about Soda Rock. Granted, he's bound to be slightly biased, but he said the wines are great; the winery itself just opened but the wine has been aging in barrels & bottles at Mazacco for a few years. Still haven't tasted it, but thought I'd share!

united states
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Soda Rock

Thanks Mandie.

I may have to make a whole day of visiting the Wilson properties just to compare the wines. My map isn't handy...would that be a feasible single day itinerary, though?

I know where Wilson and Mazzocco are off hand, but not the others.

Healdsburg, CA
Level Contributor
476 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Soda Rock

Soda Rocks over in Alexander Valley, but not too far away. Matrix is on Westside Road, so not too far from Wilson, though it's the opposite direction of Soda Rock! They do have one other winery, I think called Jaxson Keyes, that is in Mendocino I believe, so that one would have to be another day!

Healdsburg, CA
Level Contributor
476 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Soda Rock

Oops left one out. deLorimier is out in Alexandery Valley by Soda Rock.

united states
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Soda Rock

Hmmm. Jaxon Keys does put a damper on the idea, huh? But I don't think that splitting the day between Dry Creek (Wilson, Mazzocco, Matrix)and Alexander Valley ( Stone Cap, deLormier and ..? aren't I forgetting someone?) is too much, do you?