We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute Trip to sonoma/napa with 4 year old

CA
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Last minute Trip to sonoma/napa with 4 year old

Hi,

We are planning on driving towards marin/sonoma/napa coming long weekend. Tomorrow we are planning to visit Sausalito bay area discovery museum and maybe tiburon. Saturday we are planning for trip to point reyes and bodega bay or maybe calistoga. Sunday to sonoma ans napa.

Can someone please advice on what to do at these places with 4 year old, is it fine to take bring 4 year old to sonoma/napa.

I would also appriciate if anyone can advice on accomodation at such short notice.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Level Contributor
35,226 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute Trip to sonoma/napa with 4 year old

In Sonoma, your little one may enjoy Train Town there. Check out the Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn for lodging. There is also a Best Western in Calistoga, The Stevenson Manor. Both places have pools and complimentary breakfast.

If you're in the Santa Rosa area, Safari West and The Charles Schultz Museum are fun things for families to do. Enjoy your trip! :)

Concord, CA
Level Contributor
79 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute Trip to sonoma/napa with 4 year old

As mentioned above, there is Train Town in Sonoma, and the historic plaza in Sonoma is family friendly. There is a small museum in Sonoma that would be interesting to a 4 year old. In the Napa Valley, there is Old Faithful Geyser of California and an old grist mill, both near Calistoga. I don't think there should be a problem visiting wineries if your child is well behaved. I took my son to some when he was a toddler. You might want to choose some that have picnic areas outside (like V Sattui) and you could take turns going in. There are also hot air balloons flying in the morning that your 4 year old child would probably like to see.

united states
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute Trip to sonoma/napa with 4 year old

There have been some long threads about kids in thewine country so a forum search is probably in order. Also, winecountry.com just had a featured section on travelling with kids in the area.

A surprising number of wineries are kid-friendly in both areas; I think as visitor's we tend to forget that locals need kid-friendly options, too, so you'll be surprised by how many places will welcome you with your youngster.

In the far north of Sonoma county, Francis Ford Coppola's new place was designed to be family friendly. It has a day-use pool and a ton of movie memorabilia ( some may be a little too much for young kids) and a restaurant on site.

In Sonoma Valley, Kaz winery has a kids area with things to occupy small children while on-site.

4. Re: Last minute Trip to sonoma/napa with 4 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2012, 05:19