We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 nights in SF and Sonoma itinerary help

New Orleans
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
4 nights in SF and Sonoma itinerary help

My husband and I are planning our first visit to the area for our 10th wedding anniversary this July. We're leaving the kids behind for the first time so are looking for relaxation while also seeing the sights. We fly into SFO Monday morning in July and out of SFO Friday morning. We like good food, any kind of wine, low-key hikes and sight-seeing. My husband is tour-adverse. Here's our general plan. Would love insights and advice!

Monday morning: arrive 9:30 am. We'll spend the day and night in the city.

Tuesday: Driving north: stopping in Muir Woods and on the Coast. Lonely Planet suggests hitting Stinson Beach, Bolinas, Point Reyes and Bodega Bay. What do you think of that route? Anything additional? Staying two nights in Sonoma or Russian River. Any recommendations on (not too Victorian or pricey) B and Bs or small hotels?

Wednesday wine-tasting/biking/relaxing. Possibly doing the "Wines and Sunset" Wednesday evening at Paradise Ridge winery. Are there restaurants with great sunset views as well?

Thursday: head back to SF, open day

Friday am: fly out.

I think I need the most help filling in where to stop on the way out of town on the coast and suggestions for places to stay in in Sonoma/Russian River.

Thanks!

Level Contributor
35,446 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 nights in SF and Sonoma itinerary help

In Healdsburg there is The Inn @ The Plaza. It is a smaller venue with very personable service and located right on the Plaza in Healdsburg. Our room was very nice and they have a great breakfast room with a good variety of foods.

Enjoy your time in the wine country! :)

Mill Valley/Marin...
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 nights in SF and Sonoma itinerary help

I love your Tuesday itinerary. Maybe consider staying that night in the Bodega Bay area. Sorry that I don't have any specific lodging ideas.

Your itinerary sounds very good to me.

AnnMV

3. Re: 4 nights in SF and Sonoma itinerary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 May 2012, 05:35
New Orleans
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 nights in SF and Sonoma itinerary help

Thanks everyone! Ended up reserving at Glen Ellen Inn, looking forward to the trip!

5. Re: 4 nights in SF and Sonoma itinerary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 03:15