We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternative to the Farmhouse Inn

Boston...
Level Contributor
3 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Alternative to the Farmhouse Inn

I stayed at the Farmhouse Inn ten years ago and loved it. I'm going back to Sonoma this June for a romantic getaway and wanted to stay at the Farmhouse, but it's booked. Can anyone recommend a place that is as nice, intimate, remote and romantic as Farmhouse? I have heard that the Sonoma Mission Inn is very nice, but it looks a bit large/institutional for my tastes. I'd love to hear from others who have enjoyed the Farmhouse who can answer this: "If you loved the Farmhouse Inn, you'll also love _____________"

Thanks!

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alternative to the Farmhouse Inn

Check out Vintner's Inn in Santa Rosa: http://www.vintnersinn.com/

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,586 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alternative to the Farmhouse Inn

Gaige House in Glen Ellen? or Beltane Ranch?

I agree that the Sonoma Mission Inn is not what you are looking for unless you want spa treatments, etc. Nice property but not very intimate.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,818 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alternative to the Farmhouse Inn

If you'd like to stay in the same rural area where Farmhouse is, consider Raford Inn (www.rafordinn.com) which is surrounded by vineyards. On the outskirts of Healdsburg there is Madrona Manor (www.madronamanor.com), a private location on a knoll, with lovely gardens and an excellent restaurant. If you'd consider staying in-town Healdsburg, the Honor Mansion (www.honormansion.com) is an oasis of comfort and privacy--very romantic.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,586 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alternative to the Farmhouse Inn

OK, now you have a range of places to check out. Have fun, and come back if you have specific questions about any of them.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
223 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alternative to the Farmhouse Inn

Kenwood Inn & Spa.

Level Contributor
34,203 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alternative to the Farmhouse Inn

Sounds like Kenwood Inn & Spa is what you are looking for! Vintner's Inn is a pretty large property but they do have a great restaurant there, John Ash.

We have stayed several times at The Sonoma Mission Inn, we love this property for their pools and spa and gorgeous grounds. Also, excellent customer service at The Sonoma Mission Inn which is a Fairmont property.

Enjoy your time in the wine country! :)

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alternative to the Farmhouse Inn

Haven't been to the Farmhouse Inn, but we loved the Madrona Manor. Quiet, rural location, but only a few minutes from Healdsburg, with lovely grounds and an excellent restaurant.

8. Re: Alternative to the Farmhouse Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 07:40