We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B, Ranch, or Farm stay in Sonoma Valley (Kids ok)

Florida
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
B&B, Ranch, or Farm stay in Sonoma Valley (Kids ok)

Please help me stop spinning my wheels...last min. plans! While I could certainly stay at a Sonoma hotel, I'd love to get more rural with a farm, ranch, winery stay, inn or B&B for my husband, 11 yr old and I to stay last week of July/ Aug 1 for 2 nights. I'm picky on atmosphere, cleanly, unique. Budget is $150 to low 200s. We plan to do some winery tours (limited, kid friendly), maybe St Helena, maybe Petrified forest. Just want country setting (after City Stay in SF). Ive looked at Beltrane, Full house Farm... neither works. Is this unrealistic? Thanks!!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B, Ranch, or Farm stay in Sonoma Valley (Kids ok)

B&B's in the area are not going to be appropriate with an 11 year old. Most B&B's in California are upscale places geared for couples ... both in room configurations and general ambiance.

Your budget is rather low for high season unless you want to head to the coast (and even then ...). St. Helena will be even more expensive and even less appropriate with a young child.

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,309 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B, Ranch, or Farm stay in Sonoma Valley (Kids ok)

You might look at the Anderson Valley. There are several children friendly places to stay in a rustic environment.

www.andersonvalleychamber.com/lodging.html

Florida
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: B&B, Ranch, or Farm stay in Sonoma Valley (Kids ok)

Thanks, I will check those out. I wouldn't have thought of that! Wanted to see the central valleys but we can always drive over for the day. Fortunately he is well traveled and a good kid so he's been in many boutique hotels and B&B/Inns (for those that allow). We've been fortunate to find kid-friendly ones. I realize though that Sonoma/Napa Inns/B&Bs may be not geared to kids ... more to couples.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
42 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: B&B, Ranch, or Farm stay in Sonoma Valley (Kids ok)

If I were you I would look on VRBO for a cottage to rent. We are renting this one in October

http://www.vrbo.com/378678. It is a little above your budget but if you search VRBO there are many that are very upscale and unique that might fit into your budget.

Edited: 22 June 2013, 16:18
Level Contributor
34,474 posts
888 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: B&B, Ranch, or Farm stay in Sonoma Valley (Kids ok)

Why won't Beltane work? It seems to be what you are looking for. :)

6. Re: B&B, Ranch, or Farm stay in Sonoma Valley (Kids ok)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2014, 06:18