We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help please - Need to tighten up itinerary!

LaSalle
Level Contributor
86 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Help please - Need to tighten up itinerary!

I'm, once again, relying on my fellow travellers for advice.

My husband and I were in Napa last summer and had a wonderful time. This time we have planned a trip to California and have included the Sonoma area for part of our trip. The plan is...

First day...

- arrive in SF mid morning

- drive to Sonoma

- visit 2 wineries (we both like Merlot and don't particularly need a private tour) - Rodney Strong and J were suggested to us) - need help here

- dinner at the girl and the fig

- stay at the Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance

Next day...

- breakfast at Sunflower Cafe (other suggestions???)

- have already booked a tour at Ferrari Carano in the morning

- need help with another winery

- leave for San Francisco late afternoon.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
633 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help please - Need to tighten up itinerary!

Our favorite Merlot is made by Trecini, which is located in Santa Rosa. You could hit there on the way back from F/C. Since you are going to be up in Dry Creek for that appointment, you might visit Bella for the experience of tasting in a cave. I don't remember them having a Merlot, but they make lovely Zinfandels.

For a totally different experience, you might also consider Frick. He specializes in Rhone grapes and produces some wines that may be a little unusual to you but they are all quite good. We really enjoy his Carignane.

LaSalle
Level Contributor
86 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help please - Need to tighten up itinerary!

Thank you so much Amy. I really appreciate your suggestions. I will definitely seek them out.

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,566 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help please - Need to tighten up itinerary!

All of the wineries you want to visit are near Healdsburg. It would make more sense to select lodging there rather than in the town of Sonoma.

4. Re: Help please - Need to tighten up itinerary!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2014, 05:17