We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sonoma County- where to stay?

CT
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Topic
Sonoma County- where to stay?

My husband and I (young couple in our twenties) will be traveling to San Francisco and then going up to Sonoma in late February. We were thinking of doing two nights in both SF and Sonoma. We've narrowed down where we'd like to stay in Sonoma county- either Sonoma town or Healdsburg, based on hearing that they're both quaint, nice downtowns. We'd like to be able to come back after doing wine tours, enjoy a nice dinner, and not have to drive in the evening... so preferably we'd like to be close to the downtown area so we can open that second bottle of wine with dinner. I'd like suggestions for either hotels or inns that meet that criteria, and we'd like to stay under $150ish per night. We had looked into using airbnb and most places were around that price but not quite close enough to the downtowns.

Other things we're wondering about- we'll have a rental car but would like a driver for a wine tour atleast one of the days. Also- if you have suggestions for the best area to stay in San Francisco that's a plus!

Sonoma Valley Wine Trolley
Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Getaway Adventures\/Sonoma On A Bike
Sightseeing Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing, Beer Tastings & Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Bike Tours
Sonoma Adventures
Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Bike Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Unbeaten Path Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
53,632 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sonoma County- where to stay?

best area to stay in SF would be best addressed in the San Francisco forum. top questions. Most would suggest 3-4 days in SF but everyone travels differently. Both healdsburg and Sonoma square have a bunch of hotels that you can look at just using the TA hotels link and read reivews. Don't remember prices but both are great towns to spend time in and relax and have a bottle of wine and amazing food

under things to do, you will see a list of tours and there will be folks do drive visitors around. I am sure other may have a better list of those companies.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
72 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sonoma County- where to stay?

I would recommend Healdsburg, downtown is fantastic a lot of shopping tasting rooms and a lot of great lodging options. The Healdsburg inn on the plaza typically has a pretty great winter rate and they're very central. Otherwise check with the Dry Creek in which is a Best Western property but might have fairly affordable rates

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,836 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sonoma County- where to stay?

Even during Feb. $150 may be an unrealistically low rate if you want to stay within easy walking distance of town centers. As lodging in Healdsburg is in general more expensive than Sonoma town, you could consider the Sonoma Hotel (www.sonomahotel.com).

4. Re: Sonoma County- where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2015, 05:28