We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discounts on wine tasting?

Middletown...
Level Contributor
22 posts
308 reviews
Save Topic
Discounts on wine tasting?

Hello! My wife and I will be visiting Sonoma for a few days in Aug/Sept and of course we are interested in visiting wineries. When we did the Finger Lakes in New York we piked up a Wine Passport that gave you free or reduced costs on tastings for a great majority of the wines in a certain region. Is there something similar to this idea in Sonoma? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Platypus Wine Tours
Wine Tours & Tastings
Wine Country Walking Tours
Walking Tours, Night Tours, Private Tours, Food Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Savor Healdsburg Food Tours
Wine Tours & Tastings , Walking Tours, Food Tours
Wine Tour Drivers - Private Tours
Wine Tours & Tastings , Private Tours
Louisiana
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Discounts on wine tasting?

We downloaded the winery finder app and found quite a few of the wineries we visited offered discounted or b1g1 free tastings for checking in on that app. We also scored some free tastings by having a Visa signature card.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
224 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Discounts on wine tasting?

Visa Signature is great. Here's the link: sonomawine.com/visa-signature-perks/vs-winer… There is a "Sonoma Passport" that covers many of the same wineries and I think I just saw it at 1/2 price on Groupon. Many, if not most, wineries will waive the tasting fee if you purchase a bottle. Sante!

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
29,039 posts
6,071 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Discounts on wine tasting?

Also some wineries in Sonoma are free

Both Cline and Jacuzzi are complementary tastings and both fun places to go.

Level Contributor
36,963 posts
946 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Discounts on wine tasting?

Where are you staying? Ask your concierge for complimentary tasting passes also. :).

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
170 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Discounts on wine tasting?

We found that simply conversing with the pourer about wine, family, etc earned us at least 2 waived tasting fees without us even asking. Not completely dependable, but it worked for us.

Also, many wineries will waive tasting fees if you purchase a bottle...or apply your tasting fee towards the cost of the bottle.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,144 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Discounts on wine tasting?

The free or heavily discounted tastings for Visa Signature cardholders is a great deal. Check for additional discounts on purchases. Best of all, we racked up additional Alaska Airlines miles when we purchased. :-)

Middletown...
Level Contributor
22 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Discounts on wine tasting?

Thanks everyone for the awesome info. I'm also going to hit up a brewery or two while I'm there. It should be a lot of fun.

8. Re: Discounts on wine tasting?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 20:16
Get answers to your questions about Sonoma County