We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carisma campsite

Royal Tunbridge...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Carisma campsite

We are thinking of booking a caravan with Carisma at their Les Sables site, which looks/sounds great, but have read mixed reviews. One of the main negatives seems to be that caravans are very tightly packed in. Has anyone been to this site and what did you think? Or can anyone recommend one of the other Vendee Carisma sites? Thank you!

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carisma campsite

There are a couple of reviews of La Dune des Sables at - www.ukcampsite.co.uk

Also many more Campsites throughout France - most with reviews.

Royal Tunbridge...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Carisma campsite

Thank you - will take a look.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carisma campsite

It is usually the case that the pitches are smaller and more tightly packed on sites that are right next to the beach. it is the price you pay for direct beach access.

romford
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Carisma campsite

We returned from the Carisma St Hilaire site last week. Had a great time despite the (unusually) wet weather. The caravans were quite close together but bushes had been planted in between each one so we weren't overlooked at all. Actually felt quite secluded. We can only speak as we find and personally didn't find it a problem. We will definitely be rebooking for next year!

Royal Tunbridge...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Carisma campsite

Ok thank you! I had seen the weather wasn't amazing at the moment.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carisma campsite

My wife, myself, and our thirteen year old son went to this site in July this year, my review of the site may well have been one of the negative ones you have read. We had great hopes for this holiday having read the Carisma brochure but were very disappointed when we arrived. There were two aspects of the place which were as expected, the beach is great, and the actual static mobile home was as described. I could not recognise any of the rest of the site from what in my opinion is a very misleading description in the Carisma brochure. The bar was full of yobs shouting and yelling at each other, as was the pool area. The emplacements are so tightly packed in that there is only room for a car between, not sure where you might have a barbeque or sit in the sun. The so called restaurant resembles a builders cafe with plastic tables and chairs, very un-inviting. The overall appearance of the site is rather tired and in need of a tidy up. Les Sables itself is not very attractive, quite industrial. How anyone can describe La Chaume as having a village atmosphere is beyond me, but having said that, I am absolutely astounded at some of the positive reviews of this place. All I can say is that I am fifty two years old and have never before curtailed a holiday for any reason whatsoever, if things haven't been quite as described in the brochure we've normally made the best of things. That was not the case with this site, it is, in my opinion, awful

Manchester, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Carisma campsite

went there about 9 years ago.was ok .Agree caravans tight.Our gripe was allocated van close to site access.We spent two weeks on edge watching speeding cars and small children ours!very unrelaxing.Also beach dissapointing.Looked sandy in brouchoure,Is in fact stoney.But had a good holiday despite.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Carisma campsite

Carisma holiday Solagogo in St hilaire de Riez.

Just got back from our second Carisma Holiday ( first was in Les Sable)

We stayed in Mobile 1 of carisma which after checking out the rest of the plots ones one of the best spots again. 3 Bed with Decking. Sunshine was super on the decking. Meaning Alfresco eating everyday the sun was out.

Our mobile looked out onto the dunes from the Main bedroom and decking. Back looked out at Bushes Kitchen overlooking street and Euro camp tent.

Nathan and Abi our Carisma staff onsite where very helpfull and nice for the kids. If you go please bring Nathan some Chedar cheese as he is missing this. Also if you like your BBQ's go to the nearby U Express as they will discount the meat products by 50% in the morning when it is on the last sell by date go early as others will try to get there first. Also has lovely bakery opposite the U express that is where I got my bread everyday. Hyper U will do the same in town but is harder to find the discounted stuff.

Campsite is right on the beach and pool area gets bussy at times but kids loved it. Free internet for 1 hour is great during the day but hardly works at night. So if you must check your emails in the morning.

Kids 8,11,13 loved it made lots of friends and played in the football park at night. not just football but that is where the kids hang out.

Enjoy your stay and don't forget to bring extra Cheddar for Nathan.

9. Re: Carisma campsite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Vendee