We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping /holidaying on Atlantic Coast

Peterborough,England
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Camping /holidaying on Atlantic Coast

Have been recommended a camping holiday with 2 kids 12 & 10years so they can have a bit of independence on site & can make friends & hopefully have fab time. They have done surfing & think they'd love waves on Frances west coast. We would like a site ideally on a beach -with not too far to walk as hubbie has bad knee and looking through sites many on the beach are a hike over sand dunes. In addition we'd like easy access to local restaurants as don't want to drink & drive - but would be rude not to sample the local vino whilst away. Happy to rent caravan/ maisonette / gites .. Oh also ideally in an attractive pine clad location... Must be out there somewhere! Any help appreciated.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping /holidaying on Atlantic Coast

This site has details of lots of sites www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/results.asp… de la Loire

Most of the Atlantic coast is sand dunes backed by pine forest, so there are very few sites right on the beach. My favourite is http://www.campinglesdunes.fr/en/ which is the closest to the beach I've found. It is possible to walk to the beach on tarmac, rather than through the dunes. The site have their own accommodation, and at least one UK firm www.matthewsfrance.co.uk/MH/bretignolles.html have mobile homes there.

Peterborough,England
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping /holidaying on Atlantic Coast

Thank you for your reply...I've been doing some serious googling!

3. Re: Camping /holidaying on Atlantic Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 18:15