We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Residence Aiguille Grive - your advice is needed !!!

Russia
Level Contributor
104 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Residence Aiguille Grive - your advice is needed !!!

Dear all, I am planning a skiing vacation in early 2011. As of now we have been offered an appartment at Residence Aiguille Grive to rent for 2 weeks at rather good price (IMHO :))

Can anyone give a few comments on this plave (the Residence Aiguille Grive) is it a good place to stay is it comfortable enough and realy has ski in/out possibilities ?

Any information will be appreaciated !

Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Hotel L'Aiguille Grive
Hotel L'Aiguille Grive
270 Reviews
Les Arcs, France
Northamptonshire...
Level Contributor
344 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Residence Aiguille Grive - your advice is needed !!!

Hi,

Unfortunately I stay down in Bourg-Saint-Maurice as a resident , but if you put your question onto the J2SKI website forum ( this is free to sign up to , and post questions etc , and is a website/forum purely for skiers/boarders and mountian lovers ) I am sure someone on there will have better information.

The Le Ruitor apartments always seem to get a good review from those who have stayed there ( this may be an option also ). The apartment you mentioned Aiguille Grive is in a good location and has ski in/out facility, and is close to the Transarc for whole Les arcs access.

Hope this helps

Many Regards

Jon.

Mentioned in this post
Bourg Saint Maurice
Bourg Saint Maurice
Savoie, France
Hotel L'Aiguille Grive
Hotel L'Aiguille Grive
270 Reviews
Les Arcs, France
England
Level Contributor
91 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Residence Aiguille Grive - your advice is needed !!!

I have stayed in the Aiguille Grive apartments before and had a great time.

Some points to note:

- There are 3 blocks: Aiguille Grive I, II, III. I believe all are similar in style.

- On the Eastern edge of Arc 1800, on the way to Vallandry.

- The apartments were sold individually, rather than as a whole to one management company. You are therefore reliant on the furnishings/fittings/upkeep of the individual owner; a good/bad review on tripadvisor will not necessary reflect the situation in your apartment.

- As already noted, the apartments are 'ski in/out', but to varying degrees dependent on which of the 3 blocks. The apartment block that I stayed in (Aiguille Grive I, I believe, but not 100% sure) had a main entrance at road level and a direct link to the ski lift on an upper floor, accessed via a pin code. The nearest lift (in fact pretty much the only lift) that would have direct access from Aiguille Grive I without any walking first is Charmettoger (a 4 person lift serving the main 1800 area with good connections, however relatively slow as it is not a clutched chair lift). However, don't let that put you off, as this lift will give you access to many others with minimal effort. Should you wish to go straight to other lifts in the morning, a short walk would be needed.

If you were staying in one of the other Aiguille Grive blocks you might need to walk up to the block with the link bridge to the ski lift, or down towards the main lifts of Les Arcs 1800.

Edited: 10 November 2010, 07:21
Mentioned in this post
Hotel L'Aiguille Grive
Hotel L'Aiguille Grive
270 Reviews
Les Arcs, France
Les Arcs
Les Arcs
416 Reviews
Bourg Saint Maurice, France
3. Re: Residence Aiguille Grive - your advice is needed !!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2011, 07:34