We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife in Duquesa

wigan
Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Nightlife in Duquesa

I am taking three teenagers to Duquesa in July and wondering what the nightlife is like, I don't want nightclubs but perhaps a few music bars - anything to keep them entertained during the evening.

Nantwich, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife in Duquesa

Hi, I often visit Duquesa in May but mainly to play Golf.

The Marina has a lot of nice bars and restaurants but not really any clubs as such. A few of the bars put on entertainment such as Karaoke at The Kinsale Bar on Fridays. I know this sounds a bit tacky and some Karaoke is truly dreadful but I always find this very entertaining.

I tried to avoid this place like the plague but the quality of the singers is quite exceptional and even professional in some instances. Duquesa works very much like at home with Friday the busy night and Sunday very quiet.

Although this wouldn't be a first choice for teenagers the Marina is very safe and there is never any trouble.

I have just been there this March and it was very quiet compared with May but still things going on.

If you can trust them the teenagers could get a Taxi next door to Estepona. About €14 each way. Estepona gives a bit bit bigger choice but it is in no way like the " Benidorm"

excess found in the package holiday destinations like Fuengirola and Benalmadena back up the coast.

Anyway the whole area is very nice and relaxing and a really good place to holiday. Hire a car and get out to see the white villages or the ancient city of Ronda or go "Duty Free" shopping in Gibraltar and visit the historic gun emplacements in the Rock. I hope you enjoy your trip.

Mentioned in this post
Kinsale
Kinsale
County Cork, Ireland
Estepona
Estepona
Costa del Sol, Spain
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
Fuengirola
Fuengirola
Costa del Sol, Spain
Benalmadena
Benalmadena
Costa del Sol, Spain
Ronda
Ronda
Costa del Sol, Spain
wigan
Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife in Duquesa

Thank you that's great, it does sound like the sort of place we are looking for, a Benidorm type resort is the last thing they would want but they like music and would enjoy a karoke bar whether the singers were good or not.

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
Puerto de la...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife in Duquesa

I live in duquesa and have for quite a few years now, there is not much for young adults to do on an evening as most of the bars are crammed with golfers....however in the past few months a bar called Heaven has opened its doors and it has really brought some new vibes to the port, the cocktails are amazing, the best in the marina i must add the staff are willing to help and really go out of their way to make you feel welcome, its now expanding i hear into a lounge which im sure will be another great success for the team at heaven. they can also take a trip to tarifa maybe its hip and young and has many activities for children and young adults. Estepona is not far away either for those looking to really dance the night away as duquesa doesnt have one decent nightclub at the moment.

Edited: 16 October 2011, 14:13
Mentioned in this post
Estepona
Estepona
Costa del Sol, Spain
4. Re: Nightlife in Duquesa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Duquesa
Recent Conversations