We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaga Airport to Duquesa

Leeds UK
Level Contributor
84 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Malaga Airport to Duquesa

On Saturday 21st June it will be our sixth annual visit to Duquesa and we used to get a lift from Malaga airport from a friend but he was no longer available so last year we caught the bus from the airport to Marbella, then another bus to Estepona, followed by a taxi to Duquesa. Going back we were lucky enough to get a lift. This year we intend to get to Duquesa in the same way and I notice that there is a bus from Estepona to Malaga airport at 7;45 am every day and this will be ok for the return journey. My question is does anyone know of an easier way to commute between the airport and Duquesa and has anyone ever caught the bus from Estepona to the airport and if so, is it reliable ? How long does the journey take ? Alternatively does anyone do transfers cheaper than the ridiculous prices charged by the taxis. For ease please e mail me on robsam28@aol.com if you can help. Thanks

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,276 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaga Airport to Duquesa

Ronnieb its not a good idea to put your email address on an open forum, you are leaving yourself open to getting all sorts of spam.

You could try transfersdelsol.co.uk, they are a company that many people use for transfers. We always hire a car so unfortunately can't comment on how good they are but they have had some good reviews on the forums.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaga Airport to Duquesa

I have used this bus and it is very reliable. It takes about 1hr 15mins. Don't forget the bus station has now moved in Estepona.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaga Airport to Duquesa

Haven't used www.google.co.uk/url…

But they were mentioned here

http://www.manilvalife.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22233&p=107480&hilit=shuttle+bus#p107480

Leeds UK
Level Contributor
84 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malaga Airport to Duquesa

Thanks for your replies. I get enough e mail spam now and delete most things so a bit more wont matter. Is there a new bus station yet or does the bus still stop on the main road in the middle of Estepona where it did this time last year ?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malaga Airport to Duquesa

The new bus station is next to the Palacio de Congresos which is a couple of hundred metres from Carrefour.

Not sure if it is opened yet.

Leeds UK
Level Contributor
84 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malaga Airport to Duquesa

Thanks. I guess we will find out on the way there.

Kent
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Malaga Airport to Duquesa

Hi there, we are going out in july and there is 5 of us,, 4 of us can get a lift but my husband says he will get the bus... as booking a taxi for all 5 to duquesa is quite costly.. How easy did you find it getting from the airport,,, any info would be appreciated as he hasn't got much sense of direction :) thanks in advance

Leeds UK
Level Contributor
84 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malaga Airport to Duquesa

Hi. Sorry for the delay. We just got back today and I didnt check Trip Advisor whilst away. Its easy really, the bus from Malaga airport takes about 45 mins and the one to Estepona then takes about an hour. We were getting a bit bored by the end of the 2nd journey but will do it again no problem. The bus from Malaga airport we caught last time left at 11.30 and we missed it by seconds this time, so had a beer and waited for the 12.30 bus.

Liverpool, United...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Malaga Airport to Duquesa

Hi everyone. We are a family of 4, including a 2 + 3 year old, travelling to Duquesa in September. We have been to Duquesa before the kids came along and loved it, but now with the two kids with us we don't really fancy bussing it from Malaga Airport to Duquesa due to the extra travelling time and the pain of getting on and off 3 buses with bags and kids etc.

So, my wife drives but has never hired a car before or driven over in Spain, and therefore we have no idea what a good car hire price is.

The ideal car hire for us would be a pick up from malaga airport, or nearby, just until the next day (would consider extra few days if costs are less). The type of car something like a ford fiesta. And obviously 2 car seats for the kids. The kicker would be being able to return the car somewhere that is quite a bit closer to Duquesa as opposed to Malaga Airport.

From what I can see most places want credit card payment upfront which includes paying for a full tank of petrol, something which doesn't sound great to me either, so a full to full option would be preferred.

So could anyone suggest in the region of how much we would be looking at for this type of hire, or even better, point me in the right direction of where I could find this type of hire?

Many thanks

Chris

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,276 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Malaga Airport to Duquesa

If you only want a car to get you to Duquesa why not look at transfer companies like transfersdelsol.com or malagaminibus.co.uk? You will want to go back from Duquesa and then having to hire a car to go back might make it uneconomical. Will you be staying within the Duquesa or visiting other places which might make a longer hire more practical.

Most hire companies will allow 3 day hires with a full/full fuel policy, go 1 day over that and you quite often get full/empty and that's not pracctical on a short hire.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Duquesa