We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches in Duquesa

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,216 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches in Duquesa

Hello,

How are the beaches in Duquesa? I assume there are umbrellas and sun bed to rent. How much should one expect to pay per person for a couple of hours? And is parking easy to find? We will be staying inone of the complexes by the golf so we'll take the car to the beach.

Thanks

scotland
Level Contributor
19,327 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches in Duquesa

Its per day and around 9€ for 2 beds and a parasol , normally it can be better to buy a Parasol in one of the local shops at around 9-10 € and a roll up mat then you have it for the duration .

Edited: 25 September 2016, 15:35
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,216 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches in Duquesa

Ah thanks, good advice! Are there stores in the Duquesa where we can get good sun beds (that we could fold in our car) or do we need to buy it somewhere else (Malaga or Estepona or one of the bigger towns on the way from Airport)

Mentioned in this post
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Estepona
Estepona
Costa del Sol, Spain
scotland
Level Contributor
19,327 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches in Duquesa

You will be able to get them in most Chinese bazaar type shops (sell everything shops) like this https://goo.gl/maps/jAPpcbNiKF32

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,216 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches in Duquesa

Thanks!

scotland
Level Contributor
19,327 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches in Duquesa

I prefer the l fold up chairs which recline , which are popular …alamy.com/comp/F04EGK/a-chinese-bazar-with-…

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,216 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches in Duquesa

Exactly what Inwas thinking about. I even don't mind paying big bucks for extra comfy ones. If there are not there I bet there would be at bigger stores in the area

scotland
Level Contributor
19,327 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches in Duquesa

You will get larger ones in those shops , most people take the fold up ones that are easy to carry and stuff towels in them

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
351 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beaches in Duquesa

The sunbeds are 4 euros per day. The beaches near the Castillo are situated beside a beach bar that wiil serve drinks and food. There is shade available. The car parking at this end is perfect. There are garden furniture shops in Sabinillas where you would get a better selection of chairs etc. Failing that the garden/outdoor section at Carrefour in Estepona.

Mentioned in this post
Estepona
Estepona
Costa del Sol, Spain
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,216 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beaches in Duquesa

Thanks guys, very helpful!

Side question: any very nice beaches around Duquesa ( say max 30-45 min driving) that are worth trying?

Mentioned in this post
Side
Side
Manavgat, Turkey
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
351 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beaches in Duquesa

my fave about 20 mins drive is alcaidesa. Sandy, safe - no steep drop and good for snorkelling as the water is so clear. Really nice beach bar too with lovely food and some days live music. Tarifa also worth a visit but a bit further to travel. It's more focused on water sports.

Edited: 26 September 2016, 15:36
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Duquesa
Recent Conversations