We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proximity to Hurstville Auditorium

Murrumbateman...
2 posts
Save Topic
Proximity to Hurstville Auditorium

Need to attend event with daughter and seek suggestions for (reputable) accommodation in vicinity of Hurstville Auditorium. Also, whether to walk, drive, taxi from accommodation?

6 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,943 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Proximity to Hurstville Auditorium

There really isn't much around there to recommend.

Do you have a car? If so then there is usually no issue parking for an event and walking (usually pretty busy afterwards)

This would be your best option. I'd probably suggest Novotel Brighton in that case. If you are flying then stay in the city and get the train.

Abcot at Sylvania is OK. Do not stay at Carss Park/Blakehurst.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,325 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Proximity to Hurstville Auditorium

I once knew this area very well and now only return for old time's sake. And I'm faced with this same accommodation dilemma each time.

Ill echo GW's warning about the Blakehurst Motel. Its reviews speak for themselves: tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g3403343-d17…

I think you could afford to venture slightly further out on the Illawarra railway line and try Sutherland: tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g1761604-d17…

On my most recent visit i stayed in a cabin at Brighton Le Sands. It was remarkably good: http://www.thegrandpines.com.au/

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Proximity to Hurstville Auditorium

Not my area, but if you mean the Entertainment Centre in McMahon street, the Blakehurst Motel appears to be the closest. It doesn't seem to inviting, though.

www.wotif.com/hotel/View…

Why not give the venue a call? They probably have performers & rellies looking for accommodation quite often.

Edited: 07 May 2013, 10:04
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,943 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Proximity to Hurstville Auditorium

yep Sutherland Motel is fine (we've had friends stay there) I should have remembered that

Blakehurst (um politely how do I say this.. fish nets??)

The venue directs you to what was once Hill ST or the corner of Forest Road (um noo)

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,325 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Proximity to Hurstville Auditorium

And there's the Ritz: http://www.hurstvilleritz.com.au/

It's just a pub, but this thread says it's OK: tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g255060-i122-k6…

Murrumbateman...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Proximity to Hurstville Auditorium

Many thanks to Gurus W, Luigi A, Bokhara. Really appreciate your prompt and very helpful replies (y)

Reply to: Proximity to Hurstville Auditorium
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hurstville