We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris to Wilderswil

Which Wilderswil hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Paris to Wilderswil

Hi,

Thanks for answering this question.

may I know what is the cheapest / fastest way from Paris to Wilderswil?

Thanks for reply

8 replies to this topic
Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,691 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris to Wilderswil

I would think, but I have no up to date knowledge of fares that the answer is train. From |Paris to Basel and through to Interlaken Ost and change to the Lauterbrunnen/Grindelwald train for one stop to Wilderwil. It is if |i remember correc tly about three hours from Paris to Basel and the same again from Basel to Wilderswil. Flying you need to remember check in time and time plane to train and waiting time at either Zurich or Geneva and the train journey from there.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
32,825 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris to Wilderswil

There is a train that runs (in winter only I think) from Paris - Gare de Lyon - to Interlaken Ost. If you can get that you will save time and also train changes. Wilderswil is about 3 mins train ride from Interlaken Ost.

Otherwise do not go via Geneva - it would take more time. Take a TGV to Basel and change there for Interlaken. Total journey time is about 5 hours. 3 to Basel, 2 to Interlaken Ost.

For specific times, fares etc see www.sbb.ch/en

canada
Level Contributor
7,404 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris to Wilderswil

I think the Paris - Interlaken Ost train arrives just before midnight. You should get off at Interlaken West station and take a taxi if your contact in Wilderswil stays up to meet you.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
32,825 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris to Wilderswil

I looked up the TGV and did not see it on the timetable. Anyway you have a good choice of departure times with only two changes - Basel and Interlaken West. Time of journey is under 6hrs. TGV to Basel, IC to Interlaken and bus from I. West to Wilderswil. Leaves Paris at 12.23 and arrives wilderswil at 17.36

canada
Level Contributor
7,404 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris to Wilderswil

Train leaving Paris @1757 arr I West @2337 costs CHF152 2nd class vs the others with change in Basel costing CHF212.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris to Wilderswil

Bofoster thank u for the information. Where can I access it. On the sbb website I couldnt find the fares somehow

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
32,825 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris to Wilderswil

On the SBB site go to Timetable. Enter departure and destination cities and dates and times (approx) and enter "Search Connection"

You will then see all the possible departures and connections. To the right is a red button "Fare/Buy" Click on this and it will ask whether single or return ticket, then on the next page class you want to travel and any discounts (HFC etc you might have) Also your age Then click Next and you will get the fares...

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris to Wilderswil

Thanks for reply..

Reply to: Paris to Wilderswil
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wilderswil