We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brienz to Lucerne

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Brienz to Lucerne

Hi , I am going to Lake Briez , I like to ask I check there is a boat trip from Interlaken Ost to Lake Briez and reach Lucerne . I don't understand after Interlaken ost to Lake Briez 16:07-17:20 then 17:25 -19:04 is from Lake Briez to Lucerne is train ? Only have 5 min interval is it enough to transfer , I don't understand , will it rush?

Fife, Scotland
Level Contributor
557 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brienz to Lucerne

Not sure what you want, there is a direct train from Interlaken Ost at 1604hrs to Lucerne arriving 1804hrs, the same train stops in Brienz at 1622. There is also a boat from Interlaken Ost to Brienz as you say and a train from there to Lucerne at 1725 but there is also one at 1825.

www.sbb.ch/en for more info

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Brienz to Lucerne

In answer to your questions, is five minutes enough time to transfer from boat to train? Yes, it's a matter of walking off the landing stage from the boat a matter of a few yards across a level crossing to the platform of the station which usually takes me about a minute. If can be near the front of queue to get off the boat, if it is busy. If you miss the 1725 train just catch the next one as Strath101 has said

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Brienz to Lucerne

Hi Strath,

Thanks for your information !

Wan.I

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Brienz to Lucerne

Hi Swisslover,

Thanks a lot , I am very clear now .

Wan.I

5. Re: Brienz to Lucerne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2017, 17:18
Get answers to your questions about Brienz