We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Sunshine Coast - itinerary

Singapore
Level Contributor
150 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Sunshine Coast - itinerary

We are planning for our Sunshine coast trip, we are coming down in late May and staying 3 nights in Gold Coast before heading up to Sunshine coast staying in WattleGully Retreat Farm for another 3 nights. After checking out, intend to let my kids try out the Zorb at the old pacific highway, although not sure if they are daring to? We also plan to take the Caloundra Cruises for the afternoon trip and then continue our drive to Maleny. This I reckon will take about ¾ day, for our dinner, we intend to go to the nearby village Montville to explore. Any good recommendation for dinner in this village?

The Second day (Wed) after the morning animal feed activity, we intend to do the following :-

(1) Eumundi Markets

(2) The Australian Nougat Company

(3) Sunshine Castle at Bli Bli

(4) The Ginger Factory at Yandina

(5) Nutworkz

(6) Maleny Cheese

We would appreciate if anyone can give us some opinion if this is possible or we can add in some more places? I would like to visit Noosa Shores or Mooloolaba as well but I think that might be too rush for us to do that. Any suggestion?

The third day will be our full day trip in Australia Zoo… is it possible to add any more place to this day?

Mentioned in this post
Sunshine Coast
Sunshine Coast
Queensland, Australia
Gold Coast
Gold Coast
Queensland, Australia
Caloundra Cruises
Caloundra Cruises
88 Reviews
Caloundra, Australia
Maleny
Maleny
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Montville
Montville
Eumundi
Eumundi
Sunshine Castle
Sunshine Castle
224 Reviews
Bli Bli, Australia
The Ginger Factory
The Ginger Factory
950 Reviews
Yandina, Australia
Maleny Cheese
Maleny Cheese
269 Reviews
Maleny, Australia
Noosa
Noosa
Mooloolaba
Mooloolaba
Australia Zoo
Australia Zoo
4,091 Reviews
Beerwah, Australia
Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
694 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Sunshine Coast - itinerary

wow you are going to squeeze in a lot in 1 day. You will definately wear the kids out with this itinerary. You'd be doing well to do this in 1 day.

The terrace seafood resturant is good. you can get a free shuttle bus on your booking.

You should get beautiful weather for your stay.

Singapore
Level Contributor
150 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Sunshine Coast - itinerary

Oh, ready too much ya? Okay, may be I will delete item (5) & (6), we will be driving around, so hopefully we won't be too tired for the second day. I would like to know if the distance between the area that I will be visiting are very near or very far? 30 minutes can reach each destination?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
116 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Sunshine Coast - itinerary

That is a lot to do on the 2nd day, but it all depends how long you wish to spend wondering around Eumundi Markets. It usually takes me several hours.

Yes, you will definitely need a full day to spend at Australia Zoo. It's an amazing place and your children will love it.

Mentioned in this post
Eumundi
Eumundi
Australia Zoo
Australia Zoo
4,091 Reviews
Beerwah, Australia
Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
694 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Sunshine Coast - itinerary

I'd recommend just do the markets and then go to the Ginger factory, you can look around this in an hr. Then you could go to Mooloolaba for a gelato icecream on the beach for afternoon tea.

Maybe leave it at that. The kids will be tired out and won't enjoy it. How old are they?

If you would like a local to show you around I'm free on Wednesdays. I could meet you somewhere and show you around.

The markets are big and you can easily spend 3hrs here.

Australia Zoo is great. The kids will love it.

Libby

Mentioned in this post
The Ginger Factory
The Ginger Factory
950 Reviews
Yandina, Australia
Mooloolaba
Mooloolaba
Australia Zoo
Australia Zoo
4,091 Reviews
Beerwah, Australia
Singapore
Level Contributor
150 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Sunshine Coast - itinerary

Thanks CoxieSeQld for your wonderful suggestions and offer. We would be most fortunate to have a local to bring us around! but my itinerary up to today is still under "planning and construction".. but I think we will definitely going to Mooloolaba for the gelato icecream as my kids will love it (11 & 5 y/o).

We are really looking forward to Sunshine Coast as there are too many things to do and we have too little time!! Just little concern about the cold weather staying at the farm (we are there in 1st week of June).

Mentioned in this post
Mooloolaba
Mooloolaba
Sunshine Coast
Sunshine Coast
Queensland, Australia
Sunshine Coast, Qld
Level Contributor
367 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting Sunshine Coast - itinerary

Hello stsl

I think you are trying to cover too much here on the sunshine coast...after your cruise from Caloundra I would drive through Landsborough and stop at Mary Cairncross Scenic reserve for views over the Glasshouse mountains. (You'll see signs as soon as you hit the top of the range). From here it is a short drive along the road towards Maleny to Gardeners Falls which are really beautiful and easy to access for a quick stop. There is a small sign and a right hand turn off the road - keep an eye out for it. Maleny is a small town. Montville has a lot more to offer in the way of shopping and cafes if you are starting to get stuck for time...the drive from Montville to Mapleton is very scenic.

As for your second day, yes, the Eumundi markets are great and take up a good few hours. It isn't too far from here to Noosa where you can eat or take a walk around the National park. Either this or you can leave Eumundi and travel down the highway to Yandina and visit the Ginger factory. I really think that this and the zoo are better for the kids.

Enjoy...whatever you do...oh, and don't worry. The day time temps in June are mild but you will need warm clothes for the nights.

Michelle

Mentioned in this post
Caloundra
Caloundra
Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve
Mary Cairncross Scenic...
673 Reviews
Maleny, Australia
Maleny
Maleny
Montville
Montville
Noosa
Noosa
Eumundi
Eumundi
The Ginger Factory
The Ginger Factory
950 Reviews
Yandina, Australia
Singapore
Level Contributor
150 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting Sunshine Coast - itinerary

Thank Michelle for your suggestions, yes, we will be taking the scenic drive before reaching Maleny and preparing to make a few stops to capture the beautiful scenary along the way.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visiting Sunshine Coast - itinerary

I would include the Nutworks (Macadamia nut factory) as it is just across the road from the ginger factory. You can do both in one hit!

The Macadamia nut is also known as the Australian Nut or more importantly, The Queensland Nut!!

Mentioned in this post
Queensland
Queensland
Australia
Upper Hutt
Level Contributor
34 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visiting Sunshine Coast - itinerary

Hi

Montville is fascinating.

Eumundi markets are a must - don't know how old your kids are but there are usually short camel rides at the markets - cool fun. Try and time the Ginger factory for lunch. Underwater world in Mooloolaba is cool but I think you'll be pushed for time.

We are going back for our second visit in July - you will love it all!

Mentioned in this post
Montville
Montville
The Ginger Factory
The Ginger Factory
950 Reviews
Yandina, Australia
Mooloolaba
Mooloolaba
10. Re: Visiting Sunshine Coast - itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 19:28