We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather?

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Weather?

Hi, we're flying into Brisbane on the 27th July & heading up to Maroochydore, staying for 5 weeks. Can anyone tell me what weather to expect & whether or not we'll need sweaters etc? Thanks all.

Carole.

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
5,996 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather?

Hi kencar,

I would anticipate cool to warm days with cool to cold nights.

I'm sure that coming from the UK, you will find our winter weather really quite mild, however you may find it neccessary to use a sweater.

During your stay you will probably go for a trip up to the hinterland areas around Montville and Maleny. It is a bit cooler up there again due to altitude.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather?

keep an eye on this weather site as youget closer to packing, but yes, you will need a sweater or two.

www.bom.gov.au

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather?

Thank you both very much. How cold can it get in the daytime......somewhere in the 60s or lower?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather?

Kencar, as 40ish suggested have a look at the average climate statistics from the Bureau of Meteorology: bom.gov.au/climate/…cw_040264.shtml

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
26 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather?

I would bring a rain jacket as well.

Mooloolaba...
Level Contributor
560 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather?

Over night temps can be anything from 4c (40f) to 12c (low 50s f)

Day time temps from 17c (62f) to low 20s c (70s f)

Beautiful one day, perfect the next!

7. Re: Weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2010, 05:16