We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should I base myself for 2 nights

S'pore
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
Where should I base myself for 2 nights

Hi

I would be travelling to Sunshine Coast with my partner and our 2 kids (7 yo and 3 yo) in about 2 wks time...

Where should we base ourselves at in Sunshine Coast. Our budget would be around aud150 and the most of the apartments are on the high side.

It would be good if there's convenient store nearby and playground for our children to play with....

Thanks

Sunny Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where should I base myself for 2 nights

For families Kings Beach at caloundra is good-a nice saltwater pool where the kids are safe,some nice restaurants.I just looked at 1 block-Meridian and short term rates start at $153 a night but if stay a week it is from $93 a night.Just google Accommodation kings Beach.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,415 posts
1,558 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where should I base myself for 2 nights

Maroochydore is another lovely spot. We usually stay at Beachfront Towers. Website is:

www.beachfronttowers.com.au/tariffs.php

It just across the road from the beach. Walking distance to shops and restaurants.A 5 minute drive away to main shopping centre of Maroochydore.

Tommo

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,249 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where should I base myself for 2 nights

I think the biggest problem with your price point is that you may very well require a 2 bedroom apartment and this will mean the price will go up.

Oaks Seaforth is a great spot. It's a large complex and you would want to stipulate a front room so you get an ocean view. There is a shallow lagoon that runs through the midddle of the complex which the kids will love as well as a swimming pool.

www.oakshotelsresorts.com/Site.aspx?pid=76

Also have a look at

www.wotif.com

Hope this helps

Oscar

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,516 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where should I base myself for 2 nights

try Alexandra Beach resort as this will have everything you asked for

www.breakfree.com.au/alexandra-beach/…

S'pore
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where should I base myself for 2 nights

Thanks for all the suggestions..

I was reading the reviews posted in TA.. And Atlantis Marcoola came up tops and great place for families.. Wotif gave a great price for it.. Do you think the place and location is perfect for us???

What's the distance from Gold Coast to there? And how long does it to travel by car?

Thanks!!!

Sunny Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where should I base myself for 2 nights

There is a group of resorts at Marcoola just across the road from MCY airport.You really need a car here as not much else around.the beach is nice but not really for young kids.

As to car from the Gold coast it is anything from 2-3 hours depending on time of day and traffic.Peak hour friday afternoon probably longer.

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,516 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where should I base myself for 2 nights

Marcoola is about 10/15 mins by car from Mooloolaba but is a gaggle of design ordinaire holiday units wuth aircraft noise.....it is for the dedicated and uninformed

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,003 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where should I base myself for 2 nights

dedicated to what?

Air traffic control enthusiasts? lol

Edited: 08 March 2010, 02:04
S'pore
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where should I base myself for 2 nights

Hi All

I decided to try farmstay instead of beachfront apartment.

We are thinking of solothurn rural resort (ex-The Animal Farm).

Any ideas on the resort? I read about the Animal Farm in one of the posts. It sounded good. I hope it is easy to find using the GPS.

How far is Gold Coast to Maleny? As we have another 2 nights, we are thinking to stay in the Brisbane City. How far is Maleny to the city itself?

In the City itself, which area should i stay?

Thanks

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,516 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where should I base myself for 2 nights

approx Gold coast to Maleny 2hrs 15 mins......Maleny to Brisbane just over an hour