We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PLEASE HELP. Here are my reqirements for our family holiday.

Ocean Grove...
Level Contributor
369 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
PLEASE HELP. Here are my reqirements for our family holiday.

Hi all you experts out there, you have never let me down before so I am hoping once again to pick your brains.

My husband has just announce that we can afford a family holiday after all this year and now I am very excited and racking my brains!

In the last few year I have been to the Gold Coast and North Queensland so now I am looking at the Sunshine Coast.

We will fly into Sunshine coast airport from Melbourne and pick up a car for 10 days and head up or down to our destination of choice.

I have stayed at Alexandra headland before at the Oaks Seaforth and really enjoyed our ground floor apartment with lots of grass to play on outside our room.

So I am after destination ideas, but more so resort apartment ideas. Here are my requirements.

2 bedroom fully equiped apartment in a resort style complex.

Low rise at most, no high rise.

Ideally a beach entry laggon pool, possibly with a sand area for the baby.

Lots of grassy areas for kids to run around, no sterile concrete.

Bbq areas.

Quieter area of town.

I know thats a lot to ask, but as you know we want to get these things right.

I am not sure wether to head up to Noosa heads or down towards Moloolabar.

Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Kat

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PLEASE HELP. Here are my reqirements for our family holiday.

Can you give us an idea of your budget?

Beach entry makes me think Noosa main beach however a 2 bedder will set you back big $ and play area will be restrictive. Others will have good thoughts on other areas of the sunshine coast.

Ocean Grove...
Level Contributor
369 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PLEASE HELP. Here are my reqirements for our family holiday.

Hi surfoz, when I mean beach entry I mean the pool itself. We stayed somewhere and the pool was like this and it was heaven for our toddler and also safe. I wouldn't mind being out of Noosa a little, Noosaville sounds nice on the river with the kids?

Not sure about anywhere south of the airport.

Our budget is fairly flexible. I would be willing to pay a fair bit if the apartment was everything I wanted.

We love green grass and BBQ areas so wouldn't want anything high rise and lots of concrete even if the apartments were great.

A holiday home would be lovely but my kids really enjoy meeting new friends in the resort environment.

We would also like something on ground level.

Kat

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PLEASE HELP. Here are my reqirements for our family holiday.

Hi Kat

I would suggest a ground floor apartment by the pool at Breakfree South Pacific noose, kids love the pools here, but there is no real room to run around.. Only concern is that they won't guarantee which unit you will get as they juggle their bookings according to how many nights a guest stays. We have been there four times now and only once did we not get what we requested. Other issue is that you really need a car to get around however they do have a courtesy bus into Hastings st three times a day.

Break free French Quarter in the heart of Noosa may be an option as well but once again no grassy areas

Some of the other guys with kids might have some ideas for you.

Edited: 27 January 2011, 05:00
Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,521 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PLEASE HELP. Here are my reqirements for our family holiday.

maybe Culgoa or skippers cove.....good beaches, on the river but more grass at the first one.

Ocean Grove...
Level Contributor
369 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PLEASE HELP. Here are my reqirements for our family holiday.

Thanks everyone, I was just looking at Culgoa point looks nice. Will have a look at other suggestions.

Now need to think about south of the airport for some options.

Kat

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,521 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PLEASE HELP. Here are my reqirements for our family holiday.

options are the beach houses at Twin waters........ Maybe Picnic point area Maroochydore, Castaways Nth of Coolum.......

Edited: 27 January 2011, 06:28
Isle of Skye...
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PLEASE HELP. Here are my reqirements for our family holiday.

there are lots of really nice resorts on and around Gympie terrace in noosaville, close to everything.

Price will depend on when you are planning to come up here. I would recommend noosa before the southern parts of the sunshine coast, but then i live here and i prefer it anyway.....

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PLEASE HELP. Here are my reqirements for our family holiday.

Agree with mausgrass, Quamby Place Noosa, has some great places to stay right on the river plus a nice little beach on calm water.

Skippers Cove is just over the other side of the river.

If you are looking on www.wotif.com check out the ones at Quamby Place, all very different prices, but a great spot.

If in Noosa we stay at Culgoa Point Resort, and enjoyed our stay.

Happy Planning

Ocean Grove...
Level Contributor
369 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: PLEASE HELP. Here are my reqirements for our family holiday.

Thanks so much everyone. So I suppose the best thing is to decided what area I would like and then decide on the resort.

These places have been suggested so far if anyone could tell me about them I would appreciate it

Little Cove

Noosaville

Noosa Sound

Gympie Terrace

Quamby place.

We have always loved the calm waters of the river close to the mouth of the ocean.

I love this site honestly!!

Kat

10. Re: PLEASE HELP. Here are my reqirements for our family holiday.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2012, 09:16