We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Revised Itinerary for Jun2013 - need advice on base

Singapore
Level Contributor
706 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Revised Itinerary for Jun2013 - need advice on base

We're travelling by car and in a family of 2Adult, 2Children (8/12YO) and 1Senior.

We've decided to look at O'Reillys for 3nites... and we're looking for accomodation just for our last night where its perhaps between Eumundi market and Brisbane airport...any suggesstion as to where we should base ourselves?

Monday / 10th Jun

- CWS

- Robina Town Centre/Pacific?

NIGHT – Mantra Legends SP

Tuesday / 11th Jun

- Whale Watch from Seaworld harbour

- Harbour town

NIGHT – Mantra Legends SP

Wednesday / 12th Jun

- Dreamworld

NIGHT - O'Reilly's Rainforest

Thursday / 13th Jun

Friday / 14th Jun

Saturday / 15th June

- Eumundi market

- Noosa Heads/Hasting Street

NIGHT - ??

Sunday / 16th June

- ?

- Night flight back to SG

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,044 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Revised Itinerary for Jun2013 - need advice on base

I'm not sure why you would want to spend three nights at O'Reilly's - unless you are VERY keen bushwalkers. I would have though one night was plenty. In June, it can get quite chilly up there in the Hinterland.

If you want to head up to the Eumundi Markets and Noosa, why not spend at least one of those nights somewhere on the Sunshine coast - it's a long drive from O'Reilly's in the morning if you want to get to the markets. If you want to get away from the coast and into the Hinterland, why not look at somewhere like Monteville or Malaney?

You also have plenty of time to include another locality - perhaps one night in Byron Bay?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
216 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Revised Itinerary for Jun2013 - need advice on base

With a night flight you could spend the last night in Noosa. Its a 2 and a bit hour drive back to the airport but I would leave a couple of hours earlier in case there is an accident on the HWY. Also in my experience Sunday afternoon also gets a bit heavy with traffic in the late afternoon. DFO (discount shopping centre) is practically next to the airport if you have a couple of extra hours to kill.

Unless you stay in Brisbane, I would think the closest place you could stay between Noosa and Brisbane that's also a tourist spot would be Caloundra or perhaps Bribie Island, but you are still an hour from the airport from Bribie (slightly more from Caloundra).

If you want to be extra safe, stay in Brisbane near the airport and spend Sunday seeing Brisbane's sights if you haven't already. You can catch a rivercat from Hamilton to Southbank and spend the day sightseeing.

I would spend 2 nights in Noosa, either staying the sat night or giving up a night at O'reillys.

3. Re: Revised Itinerary for Jun2013 - need advice on base

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2014, 06:16