We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa Extension in Pangandaran

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Visa Extension in Pangandaran

Hi,

Has anyone extended their tourist visa in Pangandaran? If so I'd love to get the details from you. We'll be needing to do it there in mid-August 2013.

Thanks!

8 replies to this topic
Sungaipenuh...
Level Contributor
209 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa Extension in Pangandaran

I very much doubt you can do it there. I'd imagine you'd have to do it in the provincial capital, Bandung. Could do Yogyakarta too, depending on which direction you're travelling.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa Extension in Pangandaran

There is no immigration office at Pangandaran, so you need to go to the immigration office in the bigger place; such as Sukabumi or you should do it in the city before you proceed to Pangandaran.

Extending tourist visa do take time, so I suggest you to plan to be able to spend few days to manage the visa extension.

More information on tourist visa imigrasi.go.id/index.php/…visa-for-visitor

For list of immigration office near to you imigrasi.go.id/index.php/…immigration-offices (Pangandaran is under West Java/Jawa Barat province)

Tips:

If you are currently NOT in Indonesia yet, I recommend to get a tourist visa from nearest Indonesian consulate/embassy which cover the whole duration of your trip (e.g. if you plan to stay more than 30 days in Indonesia, I do not recommend to obtain visa-on-arrival but instead get a proper tourist visa from Indonesian embassy/consulate).

Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa Extension in Pangandaran

Have to agree with Cirque.

Visa extensions can be a nightmare and will most definitely take about 3 days which is NOT what any travellers need during their holiday.

Get a 60 day tourist visa outside Indonesia and then you will not have to worry.

Pamela

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa Extension in Pangandaran

Thanks to both of you. We will be coming to the end of our 60 day visa when it is time to extend near Pangandaran. Trying to figure out the closest place to Batu Karas where we'll be at the time. I appreciate the info. :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa Extension in Pangandaran

Great info, thanks! We'll be at the end of our 60 day visa which we got in Canada.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa Extension in Pangandaran

In this case, the nearest immigration office is at Sukabumi. However, Sukabumi immigration office is the 2nd class office and might not have all the service that is offered by 1st class office. Nearest 1st class immigration office is either at Bandung or Yogyakarta. If you have to do the latter, I suggest to spend few nights in those city until your visa is ready rather than to shuttling back and forth to Pangandaran.

Also worth to note is that it's important for you to bring all the required documents (check with website and call center if needed) - both photocopied and original documents. Photocopy facility is also available at immigration office (but could be crowded during peak hours).

Parigi , Jawa...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa Extension in Pangandaran

the nearest immigration office from Batukaras is at Tasikmalaya, about Three our by bus from batukaras to tasik.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,307 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa Extension in Pangandaran

TravellingMunschkin, hi

Instead of visa prolongation hassle you better apply for the Single Entry Visa for up to 60 days visit in advance at the country of your residence.

Edited: 04 December 2013, 06:44
Reply to: Visa Extension in Pangandaran
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pangandaran