We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mushroom bay or Main area?

Which Nusa Lembongan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver
Level Contributor
213 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Mushroom bay or Main area?

Hello

Deciding where to stay. I want to snorkel and rent a bike and lay on a beach. I'll be arriving soon and will walk around to look at rooms wanting a/c and hot water. Which is better?

Also, is there an ATM now? I had read one was being built.

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mushroom bay or Main area?

Mushroom bay would tick all your boxes. The main area is very busy and snorkeling off the beach is not really possible as such. You could swim out to the reef but it is a few hundred metres. Mushroom Bay it starts to happen a few metres from shore.

No idea if the ATM is running though.

Perth
Level Contributor
301 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mushroom bay or Main area?

I was in NL last week...from a distance I saw an ATM booth (from walking along the beach path near Scooby Do), but didn't walk up to it to see if it was functional...I'd come cashed up just in case.

Mushroom Bay looked lovely when I stopped for a visit...but it isn't far from the main area if you were just wanting to visit for a few hours to snorkle. There seemed like some nice villas and restaurants around...but not as many as the main tourist drag. I stayed in the main section at Bungalo 7 in upstairs room No 1 with wonderful views over the fancy cruise boats that come in with the day-trippers and lovely sunsets. Cheap and cheerful and only a few minutes to Mushroom Bay.

I also spent a glorious morning at Dream Beach. The ocean was a tad rough for me, but I paid Rp50,000 to use the hotel pool (Dream Beach Hotel) which looks out over the ocean. That looked like a nice hotel to chill and very close to Mushroom Bay.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
540 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mushroom bay or Main area?

Mushroom bay would be perfect. We stayed there 8 months ago. It's not that far to other places and most will pick you up and take you to their restaurant and drop you home later. Dream beach is a great place for sunset dinner!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,330 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mushroom bay or Main area?

I heard that the ATM was now up and running .

5. Re: Mushroom bay or Main area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Nusa Lembongan