We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cliff jump on Nusa Ceningan

Australia
Level Contributor
227 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Cliff jump on Nusa Ceningan

Taking a few teenagers to Nusa Lembongan and I'm sure one or two will want to try it.

Any info on this as to how safe it is?

I've never seen it; only seen pics on the internet. Appreciate any info on it as well as how to get there and the cost etc.

Is there somewhere for lunch nearby if we just go for a look.

Launceston...
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cliff jump on Nusa Ceningan

My husband was considering the Ceningan cliff jump but locals on Lembongan put him off with reports of back injuries and the like. Have a look at You Tube, there are a few good clips of the cliff and jump. To get there you'll need to take scooters from Lembongan and then turn right after you've crossed the bridge. You can get refreshments there and there are a couple of accommodation places in the general area (within a few minutes scooter ride) which serve meals.

Tasmania
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cliff jump on Nusa Ceningan

We were there last year and my husband (who is in his early 40's) jumped off the 13m and ended up with a compressed fracture of his L1 vertebrae. Had a painful scooter ride back to hotel on Lembongan and another painful boat ride back to the mainland 2 days later. Spent 2 night/3days in a Bali hospital and another 3 nights back home in the local hospital. 3 months in a back brace and another 6 months for the fracture to completely heal. So our experience wasn't good!!!. Mind you there were 3 other people jumping there at the same time. One other guy said his neck was sore afterwards. Don't know about the others. I know my husband wishes he didn't do it and could have enjoyed the last week of our holiday. Oh hindsight. Lovely view on top of the cliff and around the lagoon. Didn't get to look around the island. Sorry no positive comments about the jump.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,254 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cliff jump on Nusa Ceningan

A timely response tassiemays.....thanks.

Australia
Level Contributor
227 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cliff jump on Nusa Ceningan

Thanks for the advice and good to hear the locals are advising against it if it's not safe.

I hope your husband is fully recovered tassiemays.

We go for a look but it will be crossed off the activities list.

Sydney
Level Contributor
447 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cliff jump on Nusa Ceningan

We have been to the cliff jump twice now. There are 4 levels that you can jump from, 13, 12, 7 & 6 meters. It costs IDR 50,000 for 2 jumps. My husband is a fit 50 year old and he has jumped from the highest point twice now. Both times he did say he had to hold his privates because of the force hitting the water. The last time he did have a bruise on his upper thigh. His best mate who is also 50 also jumped and got a couple of bruises. The ladder is a little bit tricky as it is not fixed to the cliff and my husbands mate was worried that his fingers would get squashed when climbing back up. Didn't bother my husband but he is a fireman so I guess he is used to climbing ladders. They both loved it and it was the highlight of their trip. We have also seen younger guys jumping, one of them even did a back flip of the top. You need to ride a scooter to get there. In May the bridge over was damaged and was repaired with bamboo and rope and it was a bit tricky crossing it. It is worth going over and exploring Cennigan island even if no one jumps. There are places that you can eat or have a drink, get advice from a local. Cannot say if it is safe to jump as you just never know what can happen and you are quite away from medical assistance, I just have a thrill seeking husband. Hope you enjoy Nusa lembongan and Cennigan island.

Newcastle, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cliff jump on Nusa Ceningan

there are two cliff jump areas. the one lin-and-les is talking about is safe as houses. about 10m deep.. there is another jump on secret point, wrong tide and a missed timed jump and you will eat it,, bridge is now sorta fixed enuf to ride over, still a bit sketchy but ok, follow signs to secret point and instead of going straight to secret point turn left to cliff jump.. you will end up at the safe one, enjoy.....

San Francisco
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cliff jump on Nusa Ceningan

Very sorry to hear about your husband. I'm glad he has recovered, even if it took some time. My question is -- Did he hurt his back due to the impact of hitting the water or because the tide was out / shallow water and he hit the ocean floor?

Tasmania
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cliff jump on Nusa Ceningan

Sorry just saw your message. He fractured his back from the impact on the water. He did not hit anything else expect the water.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cliff jump on Nusa Ceningan

the Cliff jumping is a MUST. we did it last year September. Im generally quite a scaredy cat but I took the leap and its definitely something I wont ever forget.

even the dodgy scooter ride up to the point is just an adventure.

Sydney
Level Contributor
27 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cliff jump on Nusa Ceningan

I feel the cliff jump is quite safe. Obviously if you land badly you could hurt yourself but we just jumped and landed feet first and it was great. You can get a boat there too which is what we did after a day snorkeling in a nearby area. There is actually a small medical centre on lembongan. My friend hurt her foot on the island (not cliff jumping) and went to the doctors there and got stitches!

The water is very deep so no need to worry about hitting anything on the way down. Definitely recommended for people that like a little adrenalin. Definitely not if you have prior injuries such as back problems etc.

Get answers to your questions about Nusa Lembongan