We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best island transport with baby

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Topic
Best island transport with baby

Hi

My partner and I and our 11 month old will be staying on Nusa Lembongan in February '14 for 9 nights. We are staying at Lembongan Bay Shore Huts at Tamarind Beach (Mushroom Bay vacinity I think).

We will take a stroller and ergo baby carrier with us to carry bub in, but wanted to know if there are any baby carrier bicyles for hire on the island, or any other mode of land transport if we wanted to go a further distance? - obviously scooter will not be an option.

Also, does anyone know if there are any medical facilities on the island?

Thanks

Perth
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best island transport with baby

Hi there,

I know Gomez restaurant has baby equipment to hire but I'm not sure if they have bike seats, but perhaps you could email or Facebook them. Otherwise maybe you might want to hire one of the golf buggies that are in jungutbatu however I think they might be a little pricey. Just make sure that the pram you take over has big wheels as the roads on lembongan are not the best. Have a great trip :)

Sydney
Level Contributor
447 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best island transport with baby

Dear Barnshel, I am not sure if any of the bicycles have baby seats. I have only seen a few adults riding bicycles and some of the roads are very badly broken up and there are a lot of hills getting around the island. Some people do walk around but it can get quite hot. We usually use scooters but I understand this not being an option for you. Some restaurants will pick you up for free in a truck with bench seating in the back, some even have padded seats! One night our accommodation organised a "taxi" for us as we didn't like riding our scooters in the dark. Be warned there are few taxi trucks and I got my zeros mixed up and thought it was going to be 2.50aud into town and back but it was $25aud. My mistake as I was used to the taxis in Bali. I did see one of the golf buggys but they are quite expensive. Cant remember exactly but There is a previous post with the price.

As for medical facilities, I do remember ridding past a sign with "Doktor ...... In the Lembongan Village. luckily we have never needed medical attention whilst on the island. Maybe other travellers can assist. Nusa lembongan is a great place, hope you enjoy it.

3. Re: Best island transport with baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Nusa Lembongan