We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night in NL or not at all?

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
807 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
One night in NL or not at all?

Our August trip I have yet to book our last nights accommodation. We are staying at the dream haven villa in Sanur, and have one night spare at the end before we fly to KL at 2.30pm on the 15th. We could go on the first boat on the 14th and then come back on the 10am boat. Is it worth doing? I really want to stay on Lembongan but not sure if it's too rushed and if we should leave it for another time.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,534 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night in NL or not at all?

Hi Minniebrad, I would not go to Lembongan one day before your departure. There is no guarantee that the boat back to Bali will not be cancelled due to bad weather. Why not make it for another time when you are not rushed and also make it at the beginning or middle of your holiday so if something unforeseen should happen it will not affect your departure from Bali. I think Lembongan deserves a 3 day stop over at least.

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,498 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One night in NL or not at all?

Yeah, what Fame said!

Perth
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One night in NL or not at all?

Hi,

I say do it. I regularly catch the boat back on the morning of a flight out. You've also given youself to make rge connection even if your boat was late. If you head to lembongan first thing you will have enough time to get a quick taste of lembongan.

Enjoy :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
583 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One night in NL or not at all?

Or if you still really wanted to go what about just a day trip only on the 14th to at least get a taste for it and see where you might like to stay on your next trip? Does anyone think that would be okay?

Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One night in NL or not at all?

Oh Minniebrand, you obviously don't suffer from "plane fever"!! Don't do it! This is Bali with its delightful 'jam karet' - or 'rubber time', there is no guarantee that the 10am boat will leave that day, let alone at 10am so that you can conveniently catch your 2.30pm flight.

Please enjoy Nusa Lembongan at leisure on another trip when you have acres of time.

Nusa Lembongan...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: One night in NL or not at all?

Boat cancellations are pretty uncommon even during the wet season. I have no memory of any in August when the weather & sea conditions are at their best.

If you want to be conservative (again, boat transfers get cancelled only 2 or 3 times a year ...), I might suggest you book a return earlier than 10AM (first speedboats leave the island @ 8.30). What is not so uncommon is heavy traffic between Sanur & the airport at this time of the year :)

Sydney
Level Contributor
429 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One night in NL or not at all?

Minniebrad, an overnight trip to NL is doable and you could return on the 8.30am boat as a previous poster has recommended to be sure you make your flight. But if you plan to travel to Bali again i would leave it to your next visit and plan a minimum 3 night stay for your first trip. Once you have visited NL I'm sure you will include a stay there each time you visit Bali.

Edited: 25 March 2014, 10:54
Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,509 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One night in NL or not at all?

Hi Minniebrad

Personally, I wouldn't do it. I like to arrive at the airport relaxed and I know I would be worrying the whole night before about getting there on time. Why not leave Nusa Lembongan until your next Bali holiday and enjoy it as it ought to be enjoyed - at leisure?

Cheers

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One night in NL or not at all?

Yes 1 night is worth the trip but as everyone has said probably not when you have a flight to get to. Anyway you can do it the other way around? 1 night at the beginning and the rest in Sanur?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: One night in NL or not at all?

I agree with most, it's too rushed. Definitely consider a day trip, catch the earliest boat over, hire a push bike or if you're game a scooter and do your own tour of NL.

Get answers to your questions about Nusa Lembongan
Recent Conversations