We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Bali :)

Which Nusa Lembongan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Abbotsford, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
First time to Bali :)

My sister and I (mid to late 40's) are coming to Bali for 16 days, and wanting to spend our first week in and around Nusa Lembongan. We have friends renting a house in the village of Jungubatu and are hoping to find a place somewhere close to them. We would like to be on the beach and hoping to be walking distance to restaurants etc. We have done some research but are feeling overwhelmed with all the choices! We are open to a bed and breakfast style or even a small hut as long as its clean and comfortable. Our budget could go as high as $100aud per night.

gold coast
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Bali :)

Have a look at Tarci Bungalows also Tigerlillys. Have you been on the Nusa Lembongan Forum and checked it out?

Abbotsford, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Bali :)

Hi simi07, yes I have been reading some of the posts on the nusa lembongan forum, and have been trying to take notes. But never having been there, all the area's and names start sounding really confusing.

Are there different places that the ferry's/boats drop you off from the mainlaind?

I've seen some nice places in Mushroom Bay....is this far from Jungubatu?

It looks as though Tiger Lilly's is booked when we are coming, and Tarci Bungalows seems to get mixed reviews.

We were thinking of booking our first couple of nights now, and looking around when we actually arrive. (July 16th) Is this a good idea ??

gold coast
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Bali :)

hi, yes it can be confusing as there just isn't alot of information on Nusa Lembongan. I found it really difficult to research. Having said that it is a small island and once your their it is easy to navigate. Google Nusa Lembongan Maps and this will give you a better idea. I am hopeless at adding attachments sorry. Sedeg has been mentioned re accom as have Mola Mola. There are two drop off points on the island from memory and this may be due to different carriers or the tides on the day. Last time we were dropped off and transport was organised so dont worry about that side of things. Maybe drop Scoot and Rocky an email and see where they normally drop you. Mushroom is a better swimming beach however it still has boats etc as its a working beach. We didnt have a problem with it and found it fun to watch. We are staying at Tarci this time on jungbatu as my hubby can surf out the front and its nice and central. Its a cheaper option for us but we are going to give it a go as i am saving my splurge for Seminyak. Most of the restaurants on the island will come and get you if you make a booking with them. We ate a couple on Mushroom which were in walking distance and went to Sandy Beach one night where they picked up and dropped off which was great. Yes def book a night or two and then cruise around for other accommodation as there is a few to choose from. Just keep an eye on the dates, we are going in August and it seemed to be getting booked quite quickly. I hope i have been a little help.

Abbotsford, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Bali :)

Thank you very much! Every little bit of info is appreciated :)

The Sadeg looks as though it's booked. Have you ever stayed at Tarci Bungalows before?

Just so we can get an idea...how far is it from Mushroom Beach to Jungubatu? It sounds like you can rent scooters when you are there. Have you ever tried this and is it safe?

Is there a main area where most of the restaurants are?

What attracts you to Seminyak?

We were considering our 2nd week in the Legian area, and maybe a couple nights in Ubud?

We are trying to research it all out, and are trying to stay somewhat close to a vacationing family member :)

So much to consider!

Thanks for your help :)

gold coast
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Bali :)

Hi, no this will be our first visit to Tarci, it wouldn't be my first choice. i chose it for the surf aspect and central vicinity. I am not too worried about it as we will spend more time in the water and if its no good we will move. I think its about 10 minutes between Mushroom and Jungbutu by scooter. Yep hubby drives and i am the passenger. We would not do this in Bali but it was really quiet when we were there and we went very slowly as i am super cautious and not a daredevil at all.We rented from one of the ladies who worked at our accom. It was her sons and it was lovely as the scooter was new and it was nice to help out her family.( Be warned you will not be covered by your insurance unless you have the appropriate international licence and have requested to be covered.) Restaurant wise their were plenty to choose from at Mushroom. I think its a good spot for a couple of days to get your bearings. As we are staying in Balian(surf, cheap, no frills. no shopping etc) and then Lembongan (same) i have opted for Seminyak for 3 days at the end so i can get dressed and eat at some yummy restaurants, see some amazing shops, i love their fit outs and lighting and of course the handbags! I love having a drink on the beanbags on the beach come sunset. Their is a busy, funky vibe in Seminyak that appeals to me so i want to explore it a bit more. Legian is great as its close to Seminyak and kuta but its not in your face. Ubud for a few days will be lovely, much to see and a calmer pace. Will leave this up to the Ubud experts to expand on. Whew sorry for the ramble. Keep researching but dont overly worry as its always enjoyable and exciting as you are on holidays. 49 days and counting for me.

Nusa Lembongan...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Bali :)

Rocky & Scoot drops in the same area : south of Jungut Batu near the Segara temple (Jungut Batu main temple, right in the middle of the main street).

- At high tide, departure / arrival occur in the beach 200m south from the temple, near the steps that lead to the hill.

- At low tide, departure / arrival occur in front of the temple.

- At low tide & during full moon days when the water level gets very low the boats stops 50m from the beach and you get picked up by a small flat bottom boat to reach the beach.

As all speed boat operators, except the public speed boat, tickets price include pick-up & drop-off to your accommodation In Bali & Lembongan.

Abbotsford, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to Bali :)

Thank you Valentin R for your help on getting to Lembongan :)

Abbotsford, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: First time to Bali :)

Simi07, Sounds like you've got a great trip planned! Do you recall if Tigerlilly's is on the beach or if not how far?

Edited: 12 June 2014, 05:22
gold coast
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time to Bali :)

Hi, Tigerlilly's is not on the beach i think its about 5 to 10 mins walk more like 5. Courtney Logic did a great jbr recently and included her stay on Lembongan. It was only this week have a look out for it. xo

Maroochydore...
Level Contributor
607 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First time to Bali :)

Here is my JBR from March this year. Let me know if you need any more info :-)

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g294226-i7220-k…

Get answers to your questions about Nusa Lembongan