We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money exchange

Which Nusa Lembongan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portsmouth
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Money exchange

hi there

We are flying into Densapar and then gonig straight to Nusa Lembongan. Flight arrives at 12 and we are on the 1.30pm Scootcuirse to Nusa Lembongan.

Any advice Re: changing money - will I have enought time as I've been told no ATM's in Lembongan. We will have GBP with us or do I use an ATM by Scootcruise office (if there is one). Or will I have time to change money at the airport if so where is best?

Any suggestions for what to do would be great.

We then move onto Gili Trawangan and so any info on whether there are ATMs or goo dmoney changers there would be great

Thanks in advance

Rylstone, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money exchange

There are lots of money changers at the airport, we were at Lembongan in March and I don't recall any money changers on the island but others here could be more in the know than I am. There will definitely be some at Sanur near the Scoot office but time could be an issue for you as the traffic can be horrendous.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
2,903 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money exchange

There are ATMs on Gili Trawangan, also money changers although the rate is not good there. Definitely change money at the airport, and then rely on the ATMs on Gili T.

Maroochydore...
Level Contributor
607 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Money exchange

Are there money changers on Nusa Lembongan?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
2,903 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Money exchange

Hi Skadi, perhaps ask on the Bali forum. This one is not read by Lembongan experts as it is in the wrong sub-forum on TA.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
78 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Money exchange

An atm is being built in NL should be finished by now, plenty of money changes on Gili T

Mansfield, Vic
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Money exchange

Lonely planet guide says Bank BPD on Lembongan can exchange travelers cheques and cash, but rates are bad.

Manchester
Level Contributor
458 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Money exchange

There are money changers in NL. There's one on the front as you get off the boat. Yesterday you could get 14,400 to the £ which is pretty much what you get in Bali. There are ATMs signposted and booths but I haven't used them so not sure if operational

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Money exchange

Perhaps watch the exchange rates for a few days prior to departure so you get a bit of a feel for it. finance.yahoo.com/q/bc…

This money changer frequently updates their prevailing rates on their website http://www.balibestrate.com/dmoneychanger.php and has a branch at the airport.

For example they were paying Rp15,085 to GBP 1.00 yesterday (Thursday, 30 August 2012 3:44:31 PM)

Edited: 31 August 2012, 01:19
Portsmouth
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Money exchange

Hi there

Thanks for all your help.

Just back now and visited Nusa Lembongan - used Airport money changer and the rates were 14,300.

There was an ATM being installed when we were there but it wasn't in operation when we left.

On GT we used money changers no problems and got 14,700 and then in Bali used Circle K and got 15,000

Had no problems at all with the money changers anywhere.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Money exchange

I don't recall of ATM next Scootcruise office in Sanur (CMIIW). But there are several shopping and eating places and also Sanur Plaza hotel nearby.

There is also a money changer next Scootcruise office near internet cafe. Don't have idea about their rates.

Get answers to your questions about Nusa Lembongan