We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Bushman villages

Paris, France
Level Contributor
44 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Bushman villages

www.lcfn.info/en/ju-hoansi/ju-hoansi-program

I am interested in the above mentioned museum. Has any one ever camped in this spot or followed their program?

We are with children aged 2 and 5 years. They love the movie Gods Must be Crazy. We are and looking for the most practical accommodation arrangement for a family with children.

Would you recommend to stay at a lodge or speciality accommodation and drive there? Or to go for the full experience?

Thanks a lot for your feedback in advance,

Hoba Meteorite
Geologic Formations, Points of Interest & Landmarks
3 replies to this topic
washington, d.c.
Level Contributor
116 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Bushman villages

We very much enjoyed visiting the village. We stayed at Fiume Lodge and went with the owner to the village. The owner of the lodge speaks the San Bushman language and he has a nice easy going relationship with them. It very much facilitated our being able to ask questions and interact with the San. We were also able to ask him questions as we drove there and back and learned his perspective on the many issues facing the bushman. I note that hes not an academic or an anthropologist so his views are based on his life experiences and his own idiosyncratic viewpoint.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
44 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Bushman villages

Thanks for your tip. Sorry I had not checked trip advisor for a while.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
311 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Bushman villages

Can you tell me how to get to this bushman village? Can I camp there, and what is the facilities like?

I am traveling through Grootfontein to Etosha from Rundu in the next day or two.

Any help appreciated.

Reply to: Visiting Bushman villages
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Grootfontein