We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hikes in Gengenbach?

London, England...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hikes in Gengenbach?

Hello,

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to the Black Forest, and I was wondering whether it would be best to stay in Gengenbach or Triberg? I've been trying to find information on specific hikes in these areas, as we want to go for a hike, something maybe around 13km. I've found two hikes that are close to Triberg - Gutenbach-Simonswaldertal and Martinskapelle. Does anyone know of any specific hikes we could do in Gengenbach? We are already staying two nights in Freiburg, but I wanted to stay in another town for one night.

Thanks very much for your help!

greeley, CO
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
464 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hikes in Gengenbach?

gengenbach.info/Entdecken/…Wandern has info. You can also take a train/bus to other locations for walks. Check out some of Ben's trip reports at www.bensbauernhof.com

california
Level Contributor
58 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hikes in Gengenbach?

We just returned from a trip to Germany, where we made Gengenbach a base for 5 day trips, traveling to other towns via the free rail pass. Triberg was a little more 'touristy' in my opinion but we did a day trip there. When you arrive in Triberg by train it's a long walk to the town center (and up an incline too). I know that's not the kind of hike you're thinking about but it was a hike for us. Once in the town center you can hike to the waterfall and follow other trails too. We enjoyed that.

new york
Level Contributor
739 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hikes in Gengenbach?

alidoremi, how far is the walk in Triberg from the train station to town?

Thanks.

california
Level Contributor
58 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hikes in Gengenbach?

Not sure but it took us 30 min or so to get to town center. We didn't know there's a local transport (like a small bus) that takes people to and from the train station every so often. By the end of the day my husband figured we'd walked about 3 miles (including going most of the way up to the waterfall). There was more to hike but we were tuckered out and chose to eat lunch instead.

5. Re: Hikes in Gengenbach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2015, 18:16
Get answers to your questions about Gengenbach